The sound of music, the aroma of smoked barbeque and the
warmth of the summer sun sets the stage for an Oklahoma City tradition each June
in the heart of city with the Bricktown
Blues & BBQ Festival.
The two-day festival kicks off this year on June 20 and will offer up live music from many popular bands. This year's line-up features Magic Mike with Wild Blue Yonder, KALO, Amy Lee & the 2nd Line and Dirty Red & the Soul Shakers just to name a few. Click here for a full list of artists.
The Chevy Stage, along with several food, drink and souvenir vendors, will be set up along Sheridan and Oklahoma Avenue and will offer plenty of free family fun. The event will start Friday at 3:00 p.m. running until midnight, and the fun will continue Saturday from 1:00 p.m. to midnight. And since you will have time to check out OKC before the festival starts up on Saturday, here is a list of things to check out in Bricktown while you are here:
1. Bricktown Water Taxi- Enjoy a 45 minute tour of Bricktown and Oklahoma City while being entertained by some of Oklahoma City's best tour guides. The water taxi pass is good all day and can even drop you off along the route at your next destination!
2. Boathouse District-Just a short walk south from Bricktown, be sure to try out the Sandridge Sky Zip and zip line 700 feet over the Oklahoma River.
3. American Banjo Museum- Not your typical museum, it showcases the history and artistry of this uniquely American instrument with more than 300 banjos on display.
4. Redpin Bowling Lounge- Grab the family for fun and food and take bowling to a whole new level with giant TV screens and fun music.
5. Capt. Norm's Dockside Bar- Bricktown's premier outdoor patio and cigar bar offers a perfect view of the Bricktown Canal while relaxing on the glider benches outside.
Now pack your bags and book your hotel---we'll see you in line for some melt-in-your-mouth barbeque!