The revitalized and up-and-coming Plaza District, located on 16th Street between Classen and Penn Avenue, is thriving with galleries, eateries, retail, art and experiences that anyone, including hipsters, would love.
Here’s reason you’ll love the Plaza District when you visit:
- The food in the Plaza District is divine. So much so, it’s been claimed to fame in magazines and newspapers nationwide. Not only has Pie Junkie made top 10 lists, so has Empire Slice House and The Mule...just to name a few!
- Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma is Oklahoma’s leading professional theater; home to year-round productions of rarely performed musicals and much more all in an intimate setting. Catch a show throughout the year and enjoy!
- Live on the Plaza is the Plaza Districts monthly festival. With a new theme each month, you can walk the streets and grab food from food trucks, buy local art, listen to great local music and much more.
- Want more from the Plaza District than a monthly festival? Try their annual festival each September where you and your family can experience an all-day shindig with kids activities, music all day and night, food galore, art and specials from many of the businesses in the district.
- Shopping and art can’t be underdone in the Plaza District. With more than 15 galleries and retail locations, there’s something for everyone. Looking for unique 80’s and 90’s style finds? Head to Bad Granny’s Bazaar; a unique store featuring collectibles, retro and vintage clothing, kitschy gifts, jewelry and more. You’re bound to find something in there that you wore when hair crimpers were in fashion! Looking for some OKC or Thunder apparel? Head to Tree + Leaf and find unique styles made right in the store. They even have shirts for your kiddos. And if you’re wanting to check out some local art, Graphite Galleries focuses on local and upcoming artists. Lastly, for a total experience like no other, head to Blue Sage Studios for glassblowing lessons, demonstrations and custom glass design.
We love all of our 13 districts in OKC—and we know you will too! Start with loving the Plaza District and explore all that they have in this historic thriving hipster neighborhood!