Horse Show Capital
Looking for family entertainment that's uniquely OKC? How about watching real-life cowboys and cowgirls rope, ride and wrangle? Or maybe you'd rather watch the top-hat-and-tails set walk, trot and gallop? Home to more national and international equine championship events than any other city in the world, Oklahoma City is the venue of choice for top national and world championship horse shows, attracting the best riders from across the nation and the world. And you don't have to know a canter from a gallop to have a good time.
THREE REASONS HORSE SHOWS ARE WORTH A VISIT
Lots of Action
Barrel racers complete their cloverleaf run around three barrels in about 15 seconds. Team ropers can have a calf on the ground in an average of six seconds. Heck, bronc riders are just trying to hang on for eight seconds. In the fast-paced, give-it-to-me-quick kind of world we live in, horse shows deliver thrilling action in tweet-sized servings.
Admission to horse shows is typically less than the average movie ticket. In fact, most of the horse shows in Oklahoma City don't charge admission at all. If you're looking for affordable, family-friendly entertainment, it doesn't get any more affordable than free.
Horse shows in Oklahoma City bring the best of the country to the heart of the city. State Fair Park, which is home to the world-class equestrian facilities that host all of the horse shows in Oklahoma City, is just four miles due-west of Downtown.
2016 Oklahoma City Horse Shows
- Prairie Classic Quarter Horse Show (February 10-14, 2016)
- Oklahoma Youth Expo (March 9-19, 2016)
- Oklahoma Quarter Horse Spring Show (March 23-27, 2016)
- Oklahoma Centennial Horse Show (April 7-10, 2016)
- American Quarter Horse Association Level 1 Championship (April 13-16, 2016)
- Better Barrel Racing World Finals (April 21-25, 2016)
- Oklahoma Quarter Horse Association Redbud Spectacular (June 2-12, 2016)
- Non-Pro Cutting Association Championships (June 14-21, 2016)
- National Reining Horse Association: National Reigning Horse Derby (June 23 - July 2, 2016)
- Arabian Horse Association Youth Nationals (July 21 - August 1, 2016)
- American Quarter Horse Youth Association World Championship Show (August 3-15, 2016)
- American Morgan Horse Association: Grand National Morgan Horse Show (October 7-21, 2016)
- U.S. Team Roping Championships (October 22-30, 2016)
- American Quarter Horse Association World Championship Quarter Horse Show (November 5-19, 2016)
- National Reigning Horse Association Reining Futurity (November 24 - December 3, 2016)
Dates listed are subject to change. Please confirm dates prior to attendance. For more information, contact the Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau at 800-225-5652.