Horse Show Capital
Looking for family entertainment that's uniquely OKC? How about watching real-life cowboys and cowgirls rope, ride and wrangle? Or maybe you'd rather watch the top-hat-and-tails set walk, trot and gallop? Home to more national and international equine championship events than any other city in the world, Oklahoma City is the venue of choice for top national and world championship horse shows, attracting the best riders from across the nation and the world. And you don't have to know a canter from a gallop to have a good time.
THREE REASONS HORSE SHOWS ARE WORTH A VISIT
Lots of Action
Barrel racers complete their cloverleaf run around three barrels in about 15 seconds. Team ropers can have a calf on the ground in an average of six seconds. Heck, bronc riders are just trying to hang on for eight seconds. In the fast-paced, give-it-to-me-quick kind of world we live in, horse shows deliver thrilling action in tweet-sized servings.
Admission to horse shows is typically less than the average movie ticket. In fact, most of the horse shows in Oklahoma City don't charge admission at all. If you're looking for affordable, family-friendly entertainment, it doesn't get any more affordable than free.
Horse shows in Oklahoma City bring the best of the country to the heart of the city. State Fair Park, which is home to the world-class equestrian facilities that host all of the horse shows in Oklahoma City, is just four miles due-west of Downtown.
2015 Oklahoma City Horse Shows
- International Finals Rodeo (January 16-18, 2015)
- Prairie Classic Quarter Horse Show (February 12-15, 2015)
- Oklahoma Quarter Horse Spring Show (March 25-29, 2015)
- American Quarter Horse Novice Championships (April 15-18, 2015)
- Oklahoma Centennial Horse Show (April 9-12, 2015)
- Non-Pro Cutting Horse Event (June 9-16, 2015)
- National Reining Horse Derby (June 20-27, 2015)
- Greater Oklahoma Hunter Jumper Horse Show (July 15-26, 2015)
- Shootout Barrel Racing (August 14-16, 2015)
- American Quarter Horse Youth Association World Championship Show (July 31-August 8, 2015)
- Grand National Morgan Horse Show (October 10-17, 2015)
- U.S. Team Roping Championships (October 24-November 1, 2015)
- American Quarter Horse World Championship Show (November 6-21, 2015)
- National Reining Horse Futurity (November 26-December 5, 2015)
- World Barrel Racing Futurity (December 8- December 13, 2015)
Dates listed are subject to change. Please confirm dates prior to attendance. For more information, contact the Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau at 800-225-5652.