Director of Convention Sales
We are seeking a motivated sales leader to lead our convention sales department and promote and sell Oklahoma City as a convention and meeting destination to achieve specific room night sales goals as a team and individually.
The successful candidate will have:
- Four-year degree from an academic institution; business or hospitality degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years hospitality industry sales experience.
- Proven sales track record, consistently meeting or exceeding goals.
- National account experience in Chicago and/or Washington a plus.
- Ability to establish and develop relationships to increase sales.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extract market research to redefine sales targets.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and budget plans.
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities and handle multiple responsibilities within a specific timeframe.
- Willingness to travel as necessary to participate in trade shows, present bid proposals, etc. Position requires extended work hours.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communications skills. Professional demeanor.
- Ability to operate computer, fax, email system and general office equipment including laptop and iPad when traveling.
- Working knowledge of industry specific database/CRM software.
- Have a reputation of high integrity.
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HumanResources@visitokc.com or mail to:
Oklahoma City Convention & Visitors Bureau
Attn: Human Resources
123 Park Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73102