You guys, spring-time temps are FINALLY here, and Oklahoma City is ready to celebrate in the streets of Midtown with the biggest outdoor festival in the country. That's right, it's time for H&8th Night Market!
Since opening in August of 2011, H&8th has taken our city by storm! This free-and-open-to-the-public monthly food truck festival runs from March to October and is held from 7pm-11pm on the last Friday of the month. What started with 200 people on the corner of Hudson Avenue and 8th Street has now expanded to five more blocks with gourmet food trucks lined from 6th Street to 10th Street. In 2014, the family-friendly, pet-friendly outdoor festival recorded an attendance of between 20,000 and 40,000 people on any given Friday night. Oklahoma City offers the only monthly food truck festival boasting those kinds of numbers. The first H&8th of the season is set for Friday, March 27, and there are several reasons why we want to see your face there:
- Anywhere between 30-50 gourmet food trucks can be expected for any given night, with choices ranging from seafood, pizza, onion burgers, gourmet hot dogs, Cajun, Indian, Mexican, Chinese and Vegan. Delicious desserts such as ice cream, cookie sandwiches, shaved ice, and Italian ice are available as well.
- Live music begins at 7pm. Headlining the March event will be the Norman rock n' roll Americana group Beau Jennings and the Tigers. They will take the stage at 10pm.
- Bleu Garten, OKC's newest outdoor food truck park located northeast of H&8th's center stage, opened just in time to see the end of last season come to a close but has already proven a main attraction to the Midtown area. The success of the H&8th scene birthed the idea of this outdoor food-truck court which is complete with a bar, tailgate games, misters, heaters, and shaded seating. The area is family-friendly, pet-friendly and can house up to six food trucks.
- New this season is the Industry Flea Market that will set up shop at 10th Street and Harvey Avenue(right next to Bleu Garten). The market has been a huge hit at the OKC Pop-Up Shops during Downtown in December and will showcase a variety of products from local artisans and boutiques. Also new to 2015 will be an Oklahoma Craft Beer Garden.
- Bicycle valet is provided by DNA Racing every month and Oklahoma City's professional soccer team, Energy FC, will have a space set up where fans can practice shooting at an interactive inflatable goal. There is also coffee, beer stands, made-to-order poetry and an Ozarka water park available at the event.
Hey, those aren't only cool things that you can see that night. Remember these awesome OKC t-shirts?
Back in October, the Visit OKC squad handed out t-shirts at the last night of the H&8th season. Wear your OKC t-shirt to H&8th this month and get FREE FOOD. Our crew will be out at opening night with food vouchers in hand to those that are wearing the t-shirt. You can find us at the corner of Hudson Avenue and 8th Street by the Coop Beer tent wearing the OKC Shirts.
Also, grab a pic of you and your friends enjoying the food-truck scene in your cool OKC t-shirt and make sure you hashtag #SeeOKC.
Remember, H&8th kicks off on Friday, March 27th from 7pm-11pm. O-K-SEE YOU THERE!