It's almost that time of year again. The unofficial start of summer is at our doorstep and we're ready to get outside and enjoy the long weekend! And what better way than with a trip to Oklahoma City for a sports-filled weekend, a family getaway or maybe a historic trip back in time. There are plenty of things going on in OKC and we're here to highlight some super-cool events and attractions to make the most of your weekend with friends and family!
Top five "What to OKC (and do)"
this Memorial Day Weekend:
1. Get Wet at White Water Bay - Make a splash this weekend at OKC's favorite water park! White Water Bay is fun for the whole family offering slide rides, raft rides and plenty of water to keep you busy the entire visit! The only thing you might regret is not wearing enough sunscreen this Memorial Day weekend (but we suggest you do)!
2. Phillips 66 Big 12 Baseball Championship at
the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark - Hit a homerun when you attend this year's Big
12 Baseball Championship. There are
eight collegiate teams and plenty of seats to fill May 21-25. Grab a hot dog and a beer (or soft drink) and
enjoy some good ol' baseball at the Brick.
3. 24th Annual Chuck Wagon Gathering and Children's Cowboy Festival - This one-of-a-kind great family friendly food festival is back at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum during the 24th Annual Chuck Wagon Gathering & Children's Cowboy Festival. Children can enjoy several outdoor activities such as pony rides, bandana decorating and even stagecoach and covered wagon rides. There will be plenty of music and entertainment galore - See you at the festival May 24 and 25!
4. Paseo Arts Festival - Get outside and experience the arts! The 38th annual Paseo Arts Festival will take place May 24-26 in the Paseo Arts District and will feature more than 80 artists from 15 states, a new film fest and a children's area, too. And with any arts festival, you can count on having delicious food!
5. Oklahoma Boathouse District - Been to the Oklahoma River and experienced the Boathouse District yet? If so, there's something more in store for you and if not you're in for a real treat! The long awaited Sandridge Sky Zip is ready for you to start zipping across the river starting Saturday, May 24. The zip line will take you 80 feet up in the air and across 700 feet. Bring the entire family out-there's something for everyone!