July is already upon us and that means summer is almost done. The kids will be back in school, cooler weather will be blowing in and vacation activities will come to an end. So why not have one last hurrah this summer season? The 2016 Youth Nationals Arabian and Half-Arabian Championship Horse Show is coming to town from July 23 to 30 at the State Fair Park in Oklahoma City and this is a perfect opportunity for a fun, family outing!
Youth Nationals boasts many different activities for old and young folks alike. Whether it is watching today’s youth aboard some of the best horses in the Arabian horse industry competing for the ultimate championship title, enjoying a day filled with exquisite shopping or participating in one of the many activities going on during the horse show, we have something for everyone! Youth Nationals has FREE admission and parking is FREE too!
So plan on heading out to the State Fair Park for these great activities:
- Daily Happenings –
- Shopping Expo open daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Jim Norick Arena Concourse
- Come check out the past, present and future of the Arabian Horse at the Tour of Arabian Horse Legends: A Miniature Exhibit open daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Stop by the AHYA booth in the Jim Norick Arena Concourse to create an awesome boot design from a template that will be submitted into the ‘Design a Boot Contest’. Winning design will be made into a pair of REAL Olathe Boot Co. boots and will be auctioned off in October at the U.S. Nationals Arabian and Half-Arabian Championship Horse Show in Tulsa, Okla.
- Horse show classes kick off at 8 a.m. daily and will run in the Jim Norick Arena, Performance Arena and Specialty Arena throughout the week.
- Thursday, July 21 - Thirteenth Annual APAHA Clinics featuring Joe Reser and Joel Kiesner from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Performance Arena
- Friday, July 22 – Youth Exhibitor/Parents Judging School with the Stewards Commissioner, Stan Morey from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Sales Arena
- Sunday, July 24 – Regions from across the U.S. and Canada will show off their golf cart decorating skills and parade down Chisholm Trail at 5:30 p.m. The theme this year is “Go For The Gold!” An Ice Cream Social and games will follow immediately afterwards in Barn 3
- Monday, July 25 – Come create and decorate a stick horse at the stick horse workshop from noon to 3 p.m. in Barn 3. The stick horse contest will be at 6:30 p.m. in the Jim Norick Arena and prizes will be handed out to everyone!
- Tuesday, July 26 – Watch the pigs fly through the air at the Flying Pigs Fundraiser after the afternoon session in the Jim Norick Arena. The pigs can be bought at the AHYA booth in the Jim Norick Arena Concourse. If you hit the target you could win a prize!
- Wednesday, July 27 – Purchase your flying pigs from the AHYA booth in the Jim Norick Arena Concourse and try your hand at tossing pigs at a target in the Performance Arena after the morning session. Hit the target and you could win a prize!
- Thursday, July 28 – Come out for College Day and learn more about equine geared learning institutes. The college fair will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Sales Area Meeting Room
- Friday, July 29 – Come out to watch some amazing Arabian horse classes and make sure to wear colors to support your country on Patriotic Day! Also, the Arabian Horse Hippology Contest will be going on from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Sales Arena Meeting Room for you to test your horse knowledge. The final Flying Pigs Fundraiser will take place at 1 p.m. in the Specialty Arena. Make sure to have purchased your flying pigs from the AHYA booth in the Jim Norcick Arena Concourse to try your hand at hitting the target and receiving a prize.
- Saturday, July 30 – Did you participate in the Hippology Contest and think you did well? The Hippology Awards Presentation will be at 12:30 p.m. in the Jim Norick Arena and YOU could walk away with a prize.
For more information or to view the Youth Nationals schedule, visit www.arabianhorses.org/YNL. Make sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (@AHYAneigh) to keep up with the latest that is going on!