Saving for the holidays? Didn’t win the lottery after all? Fall is a time for gathering and we’ve gathered together our top activities and events that happen to be free! You really can #SeeOKC for free!
Cozy up with a good book.
- Commonplace Books hosts a children’s story hour each Saturday at 10am.
- The Metropolitan Library offers seasonally themed and literature centered activities daily for children and adults alike.
- Enjoy a story and craft under a fall canopy each Wednesday at 10am in the Myriad Gardens Children’s Garden.
Explore the great indoors with OKC’s museums and exhibits.
- The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum offers free entry and hands on activities for kids and accompanying adults on the first Saturday of the month. Entry to the museum is free for everyone each Wednesday through November 14.
- On the second Saturday of the Month the Oklahoma Hall of Fame holds “See you Saturdays” with guided tours, crafts, and learning opportunities for families at no charge.
- The Oklahoma State Capitol welcomes the public for self guided daily or led tours on weekdays. Visitors can tour that Greco-Roman style, 100 year old structure to view murals, restored stained glass, tribal flags and rotating art exhibits.
- The Red Earth Art Center, The 45th Infantry Division Museum and Oklahoma Railway Museum offer free admission. Oklahoma Contemporary offers various showcases and programming at no charge.
Enjoy the crisp, cool air.
- The outdoor grounds of the Myriad Gardens are free and open to the public daily for strolling among the fall foliage. . A free, guided walking tour will be held November 24th.
- More than a garden, the Will Rogers Garden offers hands on activities for all ages. Join the free Autumn Garden Tour on November 17th. Stroll through the Gardens and see what is growing, flowering, resting or holding onto its fruit late into November.
- The Mat Hoffman Skate Park offers a bowl and street course at varying levels of difficulty. The park is designed for skateboards, inline skates and BMX bikes.
Get ready for the Holidays!
- In Downtown OKC’s Leadership Square, Deluxe Winter Market offers free admission to shoppers as they explore the handiwork of artists and crafters. A one day only handmade shopping event, Deluxe Winter Market will take place on November 24th.
- PAMBE Ghana Global Market will begin offering fair trade and folk art gifts November 9th through December 23rd at the Seiber Hotel.
- The Holiday Pop Up Shops will return to their geodesic domes on 10th and Hudson on November 23rd. The shops bring local shopping to a central hub in the heart of Midtown OKC.
Don’t miss the first glimpses of the holiday season!
- The Automobile Alley Lights will brighten downtown OKC’s main drag beginning November 17th.
- The Stockyards Tree Lighting Ceremony on November 16th offers a peek into our city’s western roots.
- The Bricktown Tree Lighting Ceremony will be held on November 23rd and will also kick off the free Water Taxi Rides on the canal.