Visitors to this year's Oklahoma City Home + Garden Show can fight the winter blues with springtime inspiration for their homes and landscapes. With more than 500 experts and vendors in landscaping, remodeling, cooking and design, the show offers fresh, innovative ideas for lifestyle enthusiasts.
- Emmy-nominated Kevin O'Connor, host of PBS' award-winning show "This Old House" and co-host of DIY Network's "This New House," will share his passion and knowledge of home improvement. From the Lifestyle Stage in the OK Expo Hall, O'Connor will share his favorite and funniest moments from the past 35 years of the television show as well as the best lessons we can apply to our own home improvement projects.
- Author and field editor for "Better Homes & Gardens" Don Engebretson is THE Renegade Gardener and a nationally recognized authority on gardening and landscape design. He will arm gardeners with better gardening and landscaping know-how as he presents on the Lifestyle Stage.
- Matt Fox, host of PBS's "Around the House with Matt and Shari" and HGTV's "Room by Room," will welcome visitors to the show and introduce speakers to the stage. He'll keep things hopping with his usual creative flair.
- In the OK Expo Hall, Tony's Tree Plantation will showcase "The Ultimate Tree House." He'll also inform visitors which plants and trees stand up to the Oklahoma climate.
- Cleveland County Habitat for Humanity will raffle a large children's play set for backyard fun. Visitors can stop by the Modern Living building to enter the raffle. They'll also be able to purchase birdhouses for children to paint and decorate at the booth as well as purchase small home improvement items. Proceeds benefit Cleveland County Habitat for Humanity.
- Oklahoma CattleWomen, Inc. will host the Hero Day Cook Off, a tasty competition between some of our state's finest fire, police and military personnel. Stop by to see which delicious beef recipes win top prize in this fun contest.
- Sunday is Hero Day honoring fire, police and military personnel. Admission for service members is free with valid ID presented at the east entrance of the Cox Pavilion.
- The "Art Connection, Make a statement with original art in your home!" exhibit will feature an artist who will paint or sculpt art for visitors during the show. Customers will be able to take home their finished masterpieces when they are finished browsing at the show.
- Local manufacturers, craftsman, artists and businesses that make their products in Oklahoma will be on display in the Made in Oklahoma exhibit in the Modern Living building.
The Oklahoma City Home + Garden Show is a three-day event held January 16-18 that will showcase ideas, expert advice, products and services for home improvement projects. The Oklahoma City Home + Garden Show is an opportunity to shop, compare, save and get expert advice on hundreds of products and services for home remodeling, redecorating, landscaping and fine home living.
Admission is $12, and children under 12 are free. For a $2 discount, purchase tickets online at www.OklahomaCityHomeShow.com or at the customer service desk at Buy for Less stores. Show hours are Friday 12 to 9 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information about the event, visit the website or call 800-395-1350. You can also follow the show on Facebook and Twitter and get more inspiration one the Home + Garden Blog at www.homeandgardenblog.com.