Oklahoma City loves its military veterans, and on Veterans Day, restaurants and attractions will honor their service with discounts and special deals.
The following is a short list of Veterans Day discounts at area venues for 2018.
- Veterans Day Ceremony at The Oklahoma History Center - The Oklahoma History Center at 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive Oklahoma City, will present the 2018 Veterans Day ceremony from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, November 9. Presentations at the ceremony will be made by retired Major General Rita Aragon and Lieutenant Colonel Bill Schwertfeger, who was a prisoner of war (POW) during the Vietnam War. The History Center offers free admission to all veterans, active duty military and their dependents. Attendees will be free to tour the museum before or after the ceremony, including the special exhibit “Welcome Home: Oklahomans and the War in Vietnam.”
- Free meal at Texas Roadhouse - Grab a lunch or dinner on Sunday, November 11 at any Texas Roadhouse locations. Veterans can select from a free special veterans lunch menu including a beverage and sides.
- Veterans Day and Centennial Observance at the 45th Infantry Division Museum - Oklahoma City’s 45th Infantry Division Museum will hold a special Veterans Day ceremony commemorating the Centennial end of the Great War at 2 p.m. Sunday, November 11. The event will begin with the shooting of the World War II 37 mm anti-tank gun, followed by a guest speaker and a special performance by the 45th Band of music from 1918. As always, admission to the museum is free to veterans and the public.
- Discount at iFly Oklahoma City - Get your heart racing on November 11 and 12 with one of Oklahoma City’s hottest experiences. iFly Indoor Skydiving at 13600 Pawnee Drive will offer a 10 percent discount to all military in observance of Veterans Day.
- Twin Peaks free meal - In honor of Veteran’s Day, all veterans, active duty military and reservists can eat for free from a select menu on Military Monday, November 12.
- Bricktown Brewery specials - Visit OKC’s oldest brewery for pub favorites and a pint of locally-crafted beer, and active duty or retired military will enjoy $10 off the check on Sunday, November 11 and Monday, November 12. Veterans and active duty personnel must have a military ID or proof of service.
- Get Wild at the OKC Zoo- The OKC Zoo salutes all veterans for their service and will offer free admission to all active duty, active reserves and retirees on Sunday, November 11. Military ID or proof of service is required, but it’s a perfect time to visit The OKC Zoo’s new Sanctuary Asia exhibit.
- Remington Park Racing Casino Free Play - Remington Park is honoring anyone with a military or government ID on Sunday and Monday, November 11 and 12 by offering one Club Remington point and $10 in free play.
- Free meals and discounts - Numerous national and chain restaurants offer free meals or discounts to active and retired military. The MilitaryWallet.com has an extensive list of participating restaurants.
- The Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum - The Oklahoma City National Memorial offers a free admission for a veteran with a paid admission on Monday, November 12.
- The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum - The museum offers $2 off of regular admission for all veterans and active military every day.
- S&B Burger Joint - All S&B Burger Joints locations will be giving away a free classic cheeseburger and fries for all veterans as well as any active or retired personnel November 12
- Blaze Pizza - Show your retired or active duty military personnel ID and they'll hook you up with a $5 fast-fire'd artisanal pizza all day Monday, November 12
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill - Treat a hero to a free meal on November 12. The restaurant is offering free entrees for veterans and active duty service members with the purchase of a regular entree
- Threshold Climbing - Veterans climb for free and family can enjoy $10 day passes