School's almost out, summer's just around the corner; what better way to kick it off than at a festival? If you like music, movies, food, drinks, art and attending cool festivals, then OKC is the place to be this June! Here are the top five festivals to attend next month:
1. Red Earth Native American Cultural Festival (June 5 - 7)
Named by USA Today as one of the "Top 10 Art Festivals in America", the 29th Annual Red Earth Native American Cultural Festival brings together American Indian artists and dancers from North American in one of the most respected visual and performing arts events of its type. The festival kicks off with a grand parade, opening the art exhibit and dance competitions. The Red Earth Fancy Dance Competition is a highlight of the event each year!
2. deadCENTER Film Festival (June 10 - 14)
One of the "Top 20 Coolest Film Festivals in the World" by MovieMaker Magazine, the 15th anniversary of deadCENTER is gearing up to be bigger and better than ever. Independent films are the focus of this event, featuring 100 films in 2014 at five locations in downtown OKC. For those that don't buy a pass, there are free outdoor screenings open to the public at the Myriad Gardens all week long!
3. Bricktown Blues & BBQ Festival (June 19 - 20)
Follow the sound of music and the sweet smell of barbeque to the heart of Bricktown for the 20th Annual Bricktown Blues & BBQ Festival! Get your fill of smoked meat while enjoying libations and tunes from some of the most popular bands around. This two-day festival offers plenty of free family fun!
4. OKC Fest (June 26 - 27) From rock legend Sammy Hagar to country superstars Rascal Flatts, this mid-summer music festival is a not-to-miss event. Join 30,000 of your closest friends and experience music in OKC like you've never experienced before. The festival is located downtown, making it convenient to eat, stay and play all in one place!
5. SandRidge Energy Stars & Stripes River Festival (June 27)
Celebrate the Fourth of July early at this patriotic themed event! Enjoy this family-friendly festival on the shore while racing action takes place on the water. This fun summer celebration of rowing and dragon boating includes live music, food vendors, RIVERSPORT Adventures, an Olympic experience and fireworks to end the night!
Now, pick the one (or all) that you want to attend and get to planning. We'll see you soon!