It's time once again for the great Oklahoma State Fair! With so many rides, shopping, attractions and, of course, food to experience, it's no wonder the State Fair has been a tradition for thousands of fairgoers for over a hundred years.
And while numerous classics will be returning, the 2018 Oklahoma State Fair will feature an exciting lineup of new shows, exhibits, demonstrations and competitions! Make plans to check out these ten new attractions coming to the state fair this year.
- Pirate Magic of Rafael & Katia - These two pirates pillage the audience for laughter with their exciting and hilarious magical comedy show on the Plaza Stage.
- Puppies of Penzance - You won't want to miss this wildly entertaining comedy dog show! This show sets sail three times a day aboard a pup-manned pirate ship on the Plaza Stage
- North American Trick Riding Championship - The North American Trick Riding Championships are at the fair this year on Wednesday, September 19! You'll be on the edge of your seat with these death-defying stunts and graceful acrobatics!
- Stock Horse Versatility Competition - This competition will test stock horses in four different disciplines: pleasure, horse class, working cow horse and reining & trail. The competition will take place on Friday and Saturday, September 21 and 22
- SINGO/ Trivia Night - Do you have a knack for identifying songs? Are you a treasure trove of random facts? If so, you don't want to miss SINGO and Trivia Night! These events will take place in the Modern Living Building on Opening Night - September 13
- The One-Armed Bandit - Watch as Oklahoma horseman, Lynn Payne, performs an incredible act that has won the PRCA's Special Act of the Year a whopping 10 times. This act has been described as a "must-see-to-believe experience." This show takes place in the Oklahoma Frontier Experience
- Jerry Thornton & Mr. Bojangles - Watch Jerry Thornton and Mr. Bojangles, a rescued black stallion from Hurricane Katrina. Wave, dance, bow and walk around on two feet – and that’s just the horse! This show takes place in the Oklahoma Frontier Experience.
- Fiber to Fashion - Visit the Creative Arts Building on the final Sunday of the Fair to see the garment-making process from beginning to end with an all-day contest where teams of fiber experts start with raw wool and turn it into a wearable piece of clothing.
- Metal Sculpting - In this time-crunching live contest, participants will have 45 minutes to create a masterpiece from scrap metal. This contest will take place in the Creative Arts Building on Thursday, September 20.
- Pottery on the Wheel - Watch and learn how to create pottery with a live demonstration on this timeless technique. Beautiful pieces of pottery will be transformed before your eyes!
There are so many entertaining attractions and outrageous foods at the fair this year, so don't miss out! For more information and all the info on this year's attractions, please visit www.okstatefair.com