Banjo Fest 2018
Banjo Fest 2018
- September 6, 2018 - September 9, 2018
- Recurring daily
- Location: American Banjo Museum (Various other locations, please see description for details.)
- 9 E. Sheridan Ave.
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Price: Please see event description for details.
- Phone: (405) 604-2793
September 6-8, 2018
Thursday, September 6th, 6 PM
Welcome Reception & BBQ
At the American Banjo Museum - Live music by the Philadelphia Mummers, Taylor Pfieffer and Tim Allan;
Exhibit opening - Philadelphia Mummers - Struttin’ Their Stuff;
jamming and presentation of the American Banjo Museum “Awards of Excellence”.
Includes: BBQ meal, beer, wine, and soft drinks
Friday, September 7th, 9 AM-2 PM
Banjo Newsletter Workshop
At the American Banjo Museum with Eddie Collins, Janet Davis, and Tony Trischka
Friday, September 7th, 6 PM
American Banjo Museum Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies
At the spectacular top of Devon Tower downtown Oklahoma City
American Banjo Museum Induction Ceremony honoring Bela Fleck, Borgy Borgerson,
Hub Nitchie/Banjo Newsletter, Jim Henson and Eddie Collins.
Musical segments by Tony Trischka, John McEuen, David Stephens, Tim Allan & Johnny Baier.
Includes: Reception with live music & cash bar.
Dinner (Wedge salad, bone-in roasted breast of chicken with peppercorn glaze,
garlic-whipped potatoes, seasonal vegetables, cheesecake or apple pie)
Dress for the evening is business attire (black tie optional)
Saturday, September 8th, Noon - 4 PM
Exhibit Opening & Informal Performances
At the American Banjo Museum - Exhibit opening - The Jim Henson Life and Legacy;
Informal performances by David Stephens, Johnny Baier, Taylor Pfieffer
and the Philadelphia Mummers
Saturday, September 8th, 7 PM
BANJO FEST presents Bela Fleck, John McEuen,
Tony Trischka and Tim Allan
Hudiburg Chevrolet Performing Arts Theater, Rose State College, Midwest City
Saturday, September 8th, 10 PM
Post Concert Afterglow Party
At the American Banjo Museum
Includes: Pizza buffet, beer, wine and soft drinks
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Oklahoma City Downtown-Bricktown adjacent to the American Banjo Museum will be the host hotel for this celebration. A special rate of $149 per night is available. Make reservations by calling 888-HOLIDAY and mention “Group A18”
- $125.00 - Banjo Fest Weekend Package - Full Weekend Package Includes: Welcome Reception, Hall of Fame Dinner, Banjo Fest VIP Seating, Afterglow Party. *Does not include Banjo Workshop.
- $30.00 - Sept 6 - Opening Reception & BBQ
- $60.00 - Sept 7 - Banjo Newsletter Workshop
- $60.00 - Sept 7 - Hall of Fame Dinner
- $35.00 - Sept 8 - Banjo Fest VIP Seating
- $25.00 - Sept 8 - Post Concert After Glow