Oklahoma City Meeting Planning Resources
Oklahoma City is re-opening at a careful pace and taking the necessary precautions to ensure that your next meeting, convention or sporting event is not only safe, but also easy and enjoyable. The majority of our hotels throughout the city are open, as are many restaurants and all of our major attractions. Our new Omni Hotel Downtown (opening January 26, 2021) remains on schedule for completion and the brand-new Oklahoma City Convention Center is now open! OKC is substantially open for business.
Masks are required at all indoor public places in Oklahoma City effective through March 5, 2021. View all required conditions of Oklahoma City's Emergency Public Safety ordinance here.
Phase three plan highlights:
1. Masks are required for all individuals over 11 years of age in all indoor public spaces, as well as at planned outdoor events.
2. Social distancing is required at bars/restaurants/movie theaters, etc. There are no limitations in the number of people/size for meetings/events as long as these can be accommodated within the social distancing guidelines and other protocols as outlined in the City Proclamation.
3. OKC’s restaurants, hotels, attractions, public transportation, airport and other industry partners have established cleaning programs that meet or exceed CDC recommendations. Additional information can be found specific to what each of these businesses are doing on their websites.
4. Additional information about protocols and FAQs related to participatory sports can be found here.
5. Our medical community is well prepared and has significant capacity to manage any requirements needed to provide testing and or other medical services to our visitors.
6. We are actively doing site visits and all of our partners are following the established guidelines set by the City and their own brands. For more detailed information, please contact our Sales team directly.
Hotels & Meeting Venues
Groups and meetings can now gather with limited physical distancing protocols. Venues will work with you on capacity and distancing requirements based on your specific needs. All open hotels are committed to cleaning and safety protocols that align with expert guidance; these measures can be found on each hotel's website. For easy planning, hotels near downtown Oklahoma City can be found here.
- Oklahoma City Convention Center Cleaning Protocols
- Cox Convention Center Socially Distanced Floor Plans
- Cox Convention Center Socially Distanced Capacity Chart
Getting Here & Getting Around
Throughout the travel journey to and from Oklahoma City, it is important to know the COVID-19 guidelines in place for each airport or stop along the way. Visit FlyOKC.com for the most recent updates from OKC's Will Rogers World Airport, including the current procedures its major airlines are following.
- Airport Safety Protocols:
- The Will Rogers World Airport janitorial team continues to focus on cleaning high touch areas: railings, elevator buttons, AMAG keypads, public seating, etc., multiple times a day.
- All public restrooms are touchless and cleaned and sanitized numerous times a day.
- All disinfecting solutions are hospital-grade.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers are places throughout the terminals.
- The airport has ordered two electrostatic disinfecting machines to be used in seating and waiting areas, baggage claim areas and other locations as needed.
- Social distancing floor stickers are in place in the security checkpoint queue, baggage claim areas, elevator waiting spaces, and other locations.
- Cloth face masks will be available to the public at the security checkpoint, information booths and supplement airline supply if requested.
- Will Rogers World Airport continues to run health and safety messages on digital monitors and over the PA system and display CDC signage in the restrooms.
While in the city, there are several convenient options for getting around, like the downtown Oklahoma City Streetcar or private transport services. All open public transit modes have adjusted their daily operations to prioritize sanitizing efforts.
Attractions & Things to Do
From high-flying thrills to cultural experiences to outdoor adventures, meeting attendees can choose from many attractions to enjoy while in Oklahoma City that are each carefully following current sanitizing and social distancing guidelines.
Oklahoma City restaurants, bars and other similar venues are now able to open their dining areas provided they follow Oklahoma City-County Health Department guidelines. These locations are currently open for dine-in service and conveniently located in and around downtown OKC.
Oklahoma City Resources
In accordance with state and national guidelines, Oklahoma City's Mayor Holt is consistently evaluating relevant data to determine OKC's next steps and phases for recovery. His most recent proclamation, in addition to other useful information, can be found here.
For the most current updates regarding COVID-19 in Oklahoma, click here.
Medical Community Rules & Capacity
As one of the nation's major centers of health delivery, Oklahoma City employs more than 60,000 health care sector workers. The city's 20 general medical and surgical hospitals, four specialized hospitals and two federal medical installations combine to offer more than 5,000 beds.
We are ready when you’re ready to see what The Modern Frontier has to offer. Questions or concerns? Our team is here to help.