Current OKC Travel Information
With the safety of our visitors and residents in mind, the Oklahoma City Convention & Visitors Bureau (Visit OKC) is closely monitoring news reports, official websites and WHO and CDC updates. In addition, we are working with the City of Oklahoma City as well as industry partners and local organizations regarding best practices concerning the COVID-19 situation. If you plan to visit an attraction or event in Oklahoma City over the coming days and weeks, please contact that organization directly prior to visiting to get the latest details.
Wanting to support local businesses at this time? Here's how we all can help.
Masks are required at all indoor public places in Oklahoma City effective through April 30, 2021.
The following venue types may reopen as long as social distancing and sanitizing guidelines are adhered to.
- All restaurants, breweries, wineries, taverns, shopping mall food courts, food halls, cafeterias, bars, night clubs, hookah bars, cigar bars, vaping lounges and any other food service may reopen with 50 percent capacity and with all employees masked.
- All athletic gyms, recreation centers, exercise facilities, indoor sports facilities, indoor climbing facilities, bowling alleys, skating rinks, trampoline parks, whitewater rafting facilities
- Businesses where persons gather for presentation or entertainment
- Personal care businesses
As of March 2 at 12:02 p.m. CST, the following postponements, cancellations, closings and re-opening plans have been announced. If we've missed anything, please email Sydney Callis at email@example.com. We will update these lists as we are made aware of additional changes.
The majority of OKC restaurants are open for indoor dining. The locations below are exceptions and only offering take-out, curbside pickup and/or delivery service options (whether in-house or through a third-party app). Also noted is their dine-in re-opening date, if available.
American, Burgers & Steaks
Bar, Brewery & Winery Offerings
- Coop Ale Works
- Taproom temporarily closed
Caribbean & Hawaiian
- Carican Flavors
- Take-Out/Curbside Pickup
Breakfast, Coffee & Dessert
Soul Food, Cajun & Sea Food
Mexican, Brazilian & Latin
- Big Truck Tacos
- Take-Out/Window Pickup
- Patio space open to enjoy take-out orders
Cancelled, postponed or updated events:
- The Canterbury Voices Spectrum of Harmonies performance has been postponed to March 28, 2021.
- Lyric Theatre's production of DISTANT THUNDER has been postponed to March 31-April 18, 2021.
- Many live music concerts and similar large-scale events may be evaluated on short notice, so check with the hosting organization prior to the event. Recent postponements/cancellations from Chesapeake Energy Arena include:
- MercyMe (rescheduled for Oct. 28, 2021)
- Michael Bublé (rescheduled for Sept. 19, 2021)
- Jeff Dunham (rescheduled for April 9, 2021)
- JoJo Siwa (rescheduled for Aug. 18, 2021)
- Elton John (rescheduled for January 30, 2022)
- Maroon 5 (rescheduled for Aug. 14, 2021)
- truTV's Impractical Jokers (rescheduled for Aug. 13, 2021)
- Backstreet Boys (rescheduled for Sept. 12, 2021)
Closed or phased re-opening attractions:
- American Pigeon Museum & Library
- Temporarily closed.
- Bricktown Water Taxi
- Now open; reservations are required. Maximum of 20 passengers per boat
- Factory Obscura's Mix-Tape
- Now open; Reservations are required.
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art
- Ticketing to the museum is timed.
- The Museum Cafe will remain closed until further notice
- Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum
- Ticketing to the Memorial Museum is timed.
- Oklahoma City Zoo
- Outdoor Safari Walk now open; reservations are required
- Oklahoma State Firefighters Museum
- Temporarily closed.
Many local shops have temporarily closed, changed their hours or modified their services. View stores offering online shopping
For more information about COVID-19, including healthy travel practices, visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website.
- OKC-County Health Department
- Oklahoma State Department of Health
- City of OKC Emergency Management
- MetroFamily Magazine - Family Information & Surrounding Area Closings
- Oklahoma Essential Industries List
- Greater OKC Chamber of Commerce - COVID-19 Resources
- Center for Disease Control FAQ
- World Health Organization
- U.S. Travel Association
- Johns Hopkins University - Tracking Map