(#6) CLAUDIA GADELHA vs. (#9) MARINA RODRIGUEZ
(#13) RYAN HALL vs. RICARDO LAMAS
TICKETS FOR UFC FIGHT NIGHT ON ESPN+®: HERMANSSON vs. WEIDMAN AT CHESAPEAKE ENERGY ARENA GO ON SALE FRIDAY, MARCH 13
UFC® returns to Oklahoma City for the third time with a thrilling middleweight bout between No. 6 ranked contender Jack Hermansson and former middleweight champion Chris Weidman. In a pivotal strawweight bout, No. 6 ranked contender Claudia Gadelha squares off with undefeated No. 9 Marina Rodriguez.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT ON ESPN+®: HERMANSSON vs. WEIDMAN will take place Saturday, May 2 at Chesapeake Energy Arena. The main card begins at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN+ in English and Spanish. The prelims kick off at 6 p.m. ET on ESPN in English and the ESPN App in Spanish. Doors open at 5 p.m. ET.
Known for his devastating ground-and-pound attack, Hermansson (20-5, fighting out of Oslo, Norway) emerged as a middleweight contender following a four-fight win streak that saw him earn spectacular victories over “Jacare” Souza, David Branch, Gerald Meerschaert and former title challenger Thales Leites. Hermansson now aims to add a former UFC champion to his resume and further stake his claim as title threat in the stacked middleweight division.
Weidman (14-5, fighting out of Baldwin, N.Y.) etched his name in the history books by dethroning long-reigning UFC champion Anderson Silva in 2013. A Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt, he has also netted impressive wins against Kelvin Gastelum and Demian Maia, as well as former UFC champions Vitor Belfort and Lyoto Machida. Weidman now returns to middleweight and aims to re-assert himself as one of the best fighters at 185 pounds.
A former women’s strawweight title challenger, Gadelha (17-4, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) has fought the who’s who in the 115-pound division. Throughout her UFC run, the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt has earned exciting wins over Carla Esparza, Karolina Kowalkiewicz and Jessica Aguilar. Gadelha now hopes to be the first fighter to beat Rodriguez and take another step towards title contention.
A contract winner on Dana White’s Contender Series, Rodriguez (12-0-2, fighting out of Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil) has impressed since joining the UFC roster. During this time, she has netted emphatic victories against Tecia Torres and Jessica Aguilar. Rodriguez is now poised to continue her ascent up the strawweight rankings as she sets her sight on one of the toughest contenders in the division.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- No. 13 ranked featherweight contender Ryan Hall (8-1, Falls Church, Va.) goes for another show-stealing finish when he meets former title challenger Ricardo Lamas (19-8, fighting out of Chicago, Ill.)
- Bryce Mitchell (12-1, fighting out of Searcy, Ark.) takes on Charles Rosa (12-3, fighting out of Boca Raton, Fla. by way of Peabody, Mass.) in a thrilling featherweight bout
- Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (28-19 2NC, fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla. by way of Minsk, Belarus) faces debuting Philipe Lins (14-3, fighting out of Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil)
- Dana White’s Contender Series contract winner Alonzo Menifield (10-0, fighting out of Dallas, Tex.) aims to remain undefeated when he rakes on Devin Clark (11-4, fighting out of Sioux Falls, S.D.)
- The Ultimate Fighter season three veteran Ed Herman (26-14 1NC, fighting out of Portland, Ore.) squares off with surging Da-un Jung (13-2, fighting out of Seoul, South Korea)
- Dana White’s Contender Series signee Sarah Alpar (9-4, fighting out of Edmond, Okla.) debuts against Vanessa Melo (10-7, fighting out of Taboao da Serra, Sao Paulo, Brazil)
Visit UFC.com for information and content to support your UFC coverage. Please click here to apply for the event.
Tickets for UFC FIGHT NIGHT ON ESPN+®: HERMANSSON vs. WEIDMAN go on sale Friday, March 13 at 10 a.m. CT. Tickets are available for purchase online at ticketmaster.com. Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person.
UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets Wednesday, March 11 at 10 a.m. CT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, March 12 starting at 10 a.m. CT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.