Summer in OKC
Visit Oklahoma City this summer and find out for yourself why Frommer’s named us one of the best destinations to go in 2022! From Memorial Day to Labor Day, there's no shortage of summer excitement happening in Oklahoma City. Explore the coolest ways to beat the heat, new attractions and fun experiences you won't find anywhere else.
Splash it Out
For the perfect summer day in Oklahoma City, just add water! From water parks to splash pads, OKC has plenty of places to cool off when the heat turns on.
- Go whitewater rafting AND surfing in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City at RIVERSPORT Rapids & Adventures! The facility has outdoor thrills for all age levels. For more chill experiences in the Boathouse District, float along the Oklahoma River on a standup paddle board or kayak.
- Hurricane Harbor Oklahoma City (formerly White Water Bay) features more than 25 acres of classic water park fun, including family raft rides, a lazy river, water slides and a huge wave pool. You'll have to try them all.
- Cool off at OKC's newest urban oasis, Scissortail Park! Frolic through the interactive splash pads or rent a paddleboat and hit the lake.
Explore OKC's Must-Visit Attractions
- Experience the collective histories of 39 distinctive First American Nations by visiting the newly opened First Americans Museum. The museum showcases state-of-the-art exhibitions in First American history, culture and art. Stay for lunch at Thirty Nine Restaurant to enjoy unique Native-inspired cuisine.
- The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum brings the West to life through their exhibits and galleries. Make sure to save time to visit their interactive outdoor exhibit, Liichokoshkomo', which features replicas of an Intertribal Village and Western structures.
- Did you know that summertime is the favorite season of the animals of the Oklahoma City Zoo? It's true! See more than 1,900 animal species at OKC's wildest attraction. For those 21 and up, check out their monthly Sip & Stroll!
- Go glamping in the Conestoga Wagons & Teepees at Orr Family Farm and make memories the whole family will remember. Reservations include exclusive access to Orr Family Farm activities and, of course, s'mores roasted over an open fire.
- Come to remember at the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum. With cutting-edge exhibits and interactive displays, the museum expertly walks visitors through the events of April 19, 1995 and the justice and healing that followed. Include time to visit the Outdoor Symbolic Memorial at night for an impactful and stunning scene.
- Take in the downtown Oklahoma City skyline on the Wheeler Ferris Wheel in the Wheeler District!
Discover all of the exciting things Oklahoma City has to offer by downloading the Modern Frontier Attraction Pass! The new digital passport allows visitors to redeem discounts and earn prizes for visiting top museums, attractions and landmarks throughout Oklahoma City.
Nothing says summer quite like a barbecue meal, and you can find some of the state's best BBQ in Oklahoma City. Browse through local favorites below and make plans to chow down.