Independence Day in OKC
There's always something exciting happening in the Modern Frontier, and this 4th of July weekend is no different! We have you covered on all of the red, white and blue in Oklahoma City to help you plan your celebrations. Check out our guide to summer freebies in OKC and explore other events and activities happening throughout the city this Independence Day weekend.
July 4th Festivals & Fireworks
- Catch the Oklahoma City Dodgers take on the Albuquerque Isotopes Monday, July 4 and stay for their postgame firework show.
- Riversport is throwing the Stars & Stripes River Festival, a Fourth of July themed festival, on June 24 and July 1. Enjoy racing, food and live music throughout the day and end the night watching rowing and dragon boat championships.
- Hear your favorite patriotic tunes at the Oklahoma City Philharmonic's outdoor concert at Scissortail Park on July 3. Red, White & Boom is FREE to attend, and visitors are encouraged to bring blankets and a picnic to enjoy during the performance.
- Spend July 4th weekend at Frontier City! Enjoy the thrilling rides during the day and end the night with a firework show, July 1, 2 & 4.
- Watch the U.S. Navy Blue Angels take flight during the Tinker Air Show at Tinker Air Force Base, July 1-2! There will be dozens of military and civilian aerial performers in addition to a wide variety of ground display aircraft.
Places to Cool Off
Summer's hottest days are in full force in July – fortunately, OKC has you covered from water parks to lakes to splash pads. Dive in to super-soaking fun at Hurricane Harbor Oklahoma City, get out on the water at Riversport or splash around in Scissortail Park's interactive fountains. Find more places to beat the heat with our guide!
Oklahoma City is continuously making national lists for some of the country's best barbecue and burgers. If you don't feel like firing up the grill this holiday weekend, savor the tasty fares of these locally loved OKC spots!