June in OKC
Summer is on the horizon, and Oklahoma City is ready with a plethora of fun things to do! Here are a few recommendations of ways to discover the Modern Frontier this month.
Mark Your Calendars
From film festivals to Pride celebrations and more, OKC is overflowing with fun events this month!
- NCAA Women's College World Series, June 2-9/10
- Pride on 39th Street, June 3-5
- deadCenter Film Festival, June 9-12
- An Affair of the Heart, June 10-12
- Juneteenth on the East, June 17-18
- Prix de West at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, June 17-18
- OKC Pridefest, June 24-26
- Red Earth Festival, June 30-July 2
Cool off for the Summer
It's summertime in the Modern Frontier, which means it can get a little warm! No need to sweat though, there are plenty of spots to cool off around town. Run through the splash pad at Scissortail Park. Hit up all the water slides at Hurricane Harbor. If you want to get a work out in, go water rafting at RIVERSPORT Adventures. Spend the day at Lake Hefner kayaking or paddle boarding. End the day with a relaxing cruise along the Oklahoma River.
Explore the Modern Frontier and get rewarded!
Discover the energy and authenticity of Oklahoma City by downloading the Modern Frontier Attraction Pass. The new digital passport allows visitors to redeem discounts and earn prizes for visiting top museums, attractions and landmarks throughout Oklahoma City.
Summer fun abounds in the Modern Frontier! Check out our guide to everything happening in OKC this season.