October in OKC
It's a boo-tiful time to explore Oklahoma City. Here are a few of our recommendations of ways to discover fun things to do on the Modern Frontier this month!
No Tricks. All Treats.
Discover ghoulish glee in OKC! From pumpkin patches to hauntingly fun festivities, Oklahoma City is getting in the spirit of the season.
- Enjoy the wonders of the zoo and Halloween simultaneously at the Oklahoma City Zoo's Haunt the Zoo.
- Hear the eerie history of Oklahoma aboard ArtAfloatOKC's Haunted History Cruises.
- Head on over to Orr Family Farm for fun the whole family will enjoy!
- Pick out the perfect pumpkin for your home at Myriad Botanical Gardens' Pumpkinville.
- Experience all the thrills and chills at Frontier City's Fright Fest.
- Celebrate Halloween on a boat during Oklahoma River Cruise's Haunt the River.
Explore more hauntingly fun activities in OKC this month.
- Head on over to the Boathouse District Oct. 1, Oct. 8 and Oct. 15 for RIVERSPORT Adventures' Outdoor October.
- Set sail, go fish, kayak and more on the OKC lakes.
- Spend Saturday in Scissortail Park shopping local at the weekly Farmers Market followed by a paddle boat ride on the lake and exploring the newly opened lower park.
- OKC has been voted USA Today’s 10 Best as “Best City for Street Art” for two years in a row. Get out and about in OKC and explore the mural art.
Mark Your Calendars
From art festivals to live horse racing and more, Oklahoma City is filled with fun events this month!
- Oklahoma Regatta Festival, RIVERSPORT Rapids & Adventure: Sept. 30 - Oct. 2
- Fiestas de las Américas, Historic Capitol Hill: Oct. 1
- Plaza District Festival, Plaza District: Oct. 1
- Foodie Fest, Scissortail Park: Oct. 8
- Indigenous Peoples Day, First Americans Museum: Oct. 10
- Red Earth FallFest & Parade, Myriad Botanical Gardens: Oct. 15
- Stockyards Stampede, Stockyards City: Oct. 15
- An Affair of the Heart, State Fair Park: Oct. 21-23
Explore the Modern Frontier and Get Rewarded!
Discover the energy and authenticity of Oklahoma City by downloading the Modern Frontier Attraction Pass. The new digital passport allows visitors to redeem discounts and earn prizes for visiting top museums, attractions and landmarks throughout Oklahoma City.