September in OKC
Fall is quickly approaching, and the Modern Frontier is is bursting with new attractions, beloved events and more FUN you won't find anywhere else! Here are a few of our recommendations of ways to enjoy this month in OKC!
- Celebrate the visual, performing and culinary arts at Paseo Arts District's annual festival, Paseo Arts Festival, which returns Sept. 4-6.
- The Oklahoma State Fair is a great state fair, and you don't want to miss its post-COVID return Sept. 16-26! Enjoy 10 days of family entertainment, agricultural wonders, all the delicious treats you can eat and more.
- Celebrate the grand opening of Oklahoma City's long-awaited First Americans Museum Sept. 18-19.
- Scissortail Park, celebrates its second birthday this month with a free concert from Drive-By Truckers on Sept. 24! Bring a blanket and chairs, grab food from a local restaurant and enjoy live music under the stars at Oklahoma City's newest urban park.
Only In OKC
- Only making one stop in the U.S., "The Painters of Pompeii" is now open at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. Be sure to check it out before the exhibition returns to Europe Oct. 18!
- Time travel to the Mesozoic era to see dinosaurs come to life at the OKC Zoo's brand-new Dino Safari.
- You'll have a jolly good time at Science Museum Oklahoma's limited-time Sherlock Holmes exhibit!
- OKC's live music is thriving! Venues like Tower Theatre, The Jones Assembly, The Criterion, Chesapeake Energy Arena and more are bringing in the hottest acts almost every weekend. Check out their upcoming lineups and get ready to enjoy the show.
Discover more excitement in the Modern Frontier! Check out our guide to everything happening in OKC this season.
Find inspiration for an OKC adventure with our 2021 Visitors Guide!