JuLy in OKC
Summer in the Modern Frontier is here! From ways to cool off on those hotter-than-normal days to the best outdoor recreation Oklahoma City has to offer, there's no shortage of fun things to do in Oklahoma City! Here are a few recommendations of ways to safely discover the Modern Frontier this month.
With once-in-a-lifetime exhibitions opening and local attractions adding new events, there's always something new to explore in Oklahoma City! We compiled a few exciting additions happening in the Modern Frontier this month.
- Only making one stop in the U.S., "The Painters of Pompeii" exhibition is now open at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.
- Time travel to the Mesozoic era to see dinosaurs in action at the OKC Zoo's brand-new Dino Safari.
- OKC's live music is thriving! Venues like Tower Theatre, The Jones Assembly, The Criterion, The Zoo Amphitheater, Chesapeake Energy Arena and more are bringing in the hottest acts almost every weekend. Check out their upcoming lineups and get ready to enjoy the show.
- Travel to London without leaving the state at Science Museum Oklahoma's limited-time Sherlock Holmes exhibit!
- Scissortail Park offers everything you need to make a day of it, including a skating rink, paddle boats on the lake, a splash pad and more.
- Cool off at Riversport OKC's newest adventure: indoor alpine skiing and snowboarding! Hit the water with them in the Boathouse District for whitewater rafting and surfing. A fan of calmer waters? Rent a paddleboard or kayak at Lake Hefner or Lake Overholser!
- OKC's only water park, Hurricane Harbor, is fun for the whole family! Grab your swimsuits and make a day of it on the water slides, lazy river and family-friendly play areas.
- Splash your way into more fun with our guide to the best ways to beat the heat in OKC.
Find inspiration for an OKC adventure with our 2021 Visitors Guide!