Day camps provide exciting, educational Zoo experiences for kids 4-11, spaces limited–don’t wait to enroll!
Spring into fun with Zoo camp! Enrollment is now open for the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden’s School’s Out Day Camp for Spring Break 2020. The OKC Zoo’s education department offers daily themed camps that include educational activities, in-park exploration, up-close animal ambassador visits and more. Spring break camps are set for Monday, March 16, through Friday, March 20, 2020.
“Our day camps provide unique educational opportunities for animal and nature lovers you can’t find anywhere else,” said Rachael Robinson, OKC Zoo director of education. “The Zoo is the best place for kids to embrace their passions and curiosity for learning as they build a stronger connection to wildlife, wild places and an understanding for conserving both.”
School’s Out Day Camps are available for children ages 4 to 11. The cost is $45 per camper per day. Camps run from 8 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. at the OKC Zoo’s Rosser Conservation Education Center. Snacks are provided, but campers must bring their lunch. Space is limited and advance registration is required. To enroll your child or for additional information, visit okczoo.org/camps or call (405) 425-0218.
Camp dates and themes are as follows:
- March 16th: Crucial Climbers: Using a tail, hand, foot or even their whole body, these climbers have what it takes to swing, dangle or scale the tallest trees and the steepest cliffs.
- March 17th: Super Swimmers: DIVE into the world of these super swimmers and see what it takes to move seamlessly through the water.
- March 18th: Rambunctious Runners: On your mark, get set, GO! Race on over to learn how these animal athletes are able to take such great strides and what keeps them going.
- March 19th: Hippity Hoppers: Join us as we jump into the lives of these amazing hoppers and see how we measure up to their great leaps.
- March 20th: Fabulous Flyers: Whether they are soaring, fluttering or gliding through the air, these aerodynamic flyers take to the skies like no other.
Move it, move it to the Zoo in March! The Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden is a proud member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the American Alliance of Museums, Oklahoma City’s Adventure District and an Adventure Road partner. Located at the crossroads of I-44 and I-35, the Zoo is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Regular admission is $11 for adults and $8 for children ages 3-11 and seniors ages 65 and over. Children two and under are admitted free. Connect with the Zoo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube and by visiting Our Stories. Zoo fans can support the OKC Zoo by becoming Oklahoma Zoological Society members at ZOOfriends.org or in-person at the Zoo! To learn more about these and other happenings, call (405) 424-3344 or visit okczoo.org.