A family festival and fundraiser to support Scissortail Park Foundation
A new, whimsical family festival is coming to Scissortail Park from Friday, May 14 through Sunday, May 16. Fairies & Toadstools invites families to enjoy a day filled with activities in the Children’s Playground.
Fairies & Toadstools is open Friday, May 14 and Saturday, May 15 from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m., and Sunday, May 16 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Entry to Fairies and Toadstools is free for Park members. Ticket prices for nonmembers are $7 for all ages to participate in activities and receive take-home items; $5 for admission only; ages one and under free. Tickets are available for purchase with cash or credit card at the Children’s Playground entry. Memberships can be purchased in advance to skip the line at scissortailpark.org/become-a-member.
Fairies & Toadstools is a fundraiser to benefit Scissortail Park Foundation, the nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that manages and programs the Park. Visitors must have a Fairies & Toadstools ticket to access the Children’s Playground during this event.
“This new family festival is a wonderful addition to our list of benefits for Scissortail Park members,” said Maureen Heffernan, CEO of Scissortail Park and Myriad Botanical Gardens. “Park members are invited to enjoy free entry to the three-day festival in addition to other benefits including free boat rentals and free roller skating at the Sky Rink this summer. Similar to our annual Pumpkinville fall festival at Myriad Botanical Gardens, Fairies & Toadstools is a fundraiser to support Scissortail Park Foundation, the nonprofit that manages, maintains and plans programming throughout the year at Scissortail Park. We also want to thank our sponsors True Sky Credit Union and A&G Landscaping for their support in bringing this festival to life.”
Guests will enjoy a variety of activities with a Fairies & Toadstools ticket including:
Earn Your Wings or Mask sponsored by True Sky Credit Union
– Pass through the obstacles to be granted your own fairy wings or dragon mask
Create Your Accessory
– Make your own wand or sword
Get your Magical Name
– Dig for seashells in the sand to reveal your magical name
– Listen to enchanted stories read under our canopies
Meet a Fairy
– Take your photo with one of our fairies
Scissortail Fairy Garden sponsored by A&G Landscaping
– Help invite more fairies to the Park by adding your own creation to our fairy garden using nature’s supplies
Magic Toadstool Bubbles
– Play in the bubble station and try to create the biggest magic bubble
– Magical take-home crafts with themes like gnomes, trolls, toadstools, and fairies
– Play our nature-themed I Spy game
– Enjoy our flower and butterfly stilt walkers, fairies, harpist, oud player, and more
Optional, add-on activities at an additional cost include:
– Mix your own fairy potion from a selection of magical ingredients
Take Home Fairy Garden
– Make a fairy garden of your own to take home