Discover exclusive selections at the Zoo, its new Pop-Up Shop at Penn Square Mall
Bring adventure and excitement to everyone on your list with gifts gone wild from the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden. Holiday shoppers will delight in the Zoo’s unique selection of stocking stuffers, one-of-a-kind gifts and memorable experiences. Shop budget-friendly finds for all at both the Zoo and its new Pop-Up Shop at Penn Square Mall.
OKC ZOO’S POP-UP SHOP
The OKC Zoo is making shopping fun and easy with its new Pop-Up Shop at Penn Square Mall. Open Black Friday, November 27 through Christmas Eve, Thursday, December 24, the Zoo’s Pop-Up Shop is the perfect spot to purchase exclusive items including:
- ZOOfriends Memberships: Give your family and friends countless hours of wildlife connections with a ZOOfriends memberships. Members enjoy free admission to the OKC Zoo for a year plus, additional benefits and discounts. All membership levels will be available for purchase.
- Adventure Packs: Everyone should take a Zoo Day! These limited gift options include general Zoo admission for two or four people, OKC Zoo Keys and more.
- Family Membership Pack: This membership gift pack includes a ZOOfriends family membership plus, an animal plush and OKC Zoo Key.
- Must Have Stocking Stuffers: Bring smiles and laughs with OKC ZOO POO, Zoo Keys, custom Zoo ornaments, plush and more!
The Zoo’s Pop-Up Shop is located in the mall’s center court by Santa. For hours and a complete list of gift selections, click here.
ZOOfriends memberships and Adventure Packs will also be available at the Zoo in the Guest Services office, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Masks are required for all guests 11 and older upon entry into Guest Services.
BLACK BEAR FRIDAY DEAL
The Zoo has a beary special gift for you with its Black Bear Friday Deal! Purchase any ZOOfriends membership level on Black Friday, November 27, and receive a free, adorable plush black bear. Starting at $45, ZOOfriends memberships provide unlimited entry into the OKC Zoo for an entire year plus, additional benefits and discounts. This limited deal is available only on November 27 at the Zoo and its new holiday Pop-Up Shop at Penn Square Mall, which will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Black Friday. One plush bear per membership purchase while supplies last.
OKC ZOO’S SAFARI GIFT SHOP
Go on a shopping safari at the Oklahoma City Zoo’s Safari Gift Shop. The Safari Gift Shop offers something for everyone, including original Zoo apparel, eco-friendly and sustainable items, enriching toys and books for kids, home décor and more. Make it a hippo-happy holiday and shop the Zoo’s impressive collection of hippo gifts including ornaments, plush and this year’s hippo shirt! These fan favorites are back with a festive new design. Celebrate the Zoo’s connection to the iconic holiday song “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” with these limited-edition shirts, available in adult and youth sizes. During December, ZOOfriends members will enjoy 20% off everything, including clearance items. The Safari Gift Shop is open daily during regular Zoo hours. Zoo Admission is not required to shop.
ART GONE WILD, ART MADE BY THE OKC ZOO ANIMALS FOR ANIMALS
The Oklahoma City Zoo’s animal art is a gift from the heart! Art Gone Wild, the Zoo’s collection of original animal paintings, are available for purchase this holiday season. As part of the Zoo’s enrichment program, many animals including elephants, sea lions, tigers and more paint during enrichment sessions with assistance from their caregivers. Painting prices range from $35 to $300, depending on size. All net proceeds benefit one of the Zoo’s local conservation initiatives. Art Gone Wild is on display in the Zoo’s Guest Services office located in the entry plaza. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Masks are required for all guests 11 and older upon entry into Guest Services.
MAKE A GIFT TO ZOOFRIENDS
This holiday season, double the impact by giving a gift a loved one will enjoy AND help conserve wildlife and wild places in the process! Every dollar spent with the Oklahoma Zoological Society aids animal conservation, education and care. Ways to support the Oklahoma Zoological Society:
- For the Philanthropist: Did you know you can donate in someone’s name? This is a great way to honor an animal-loving family member or friend by supporting animal conservation. A gift to the Oklahoma Zoological Society provides operational dollars that the OKC Zoo can put to work immediately. Text “ZOOFRIENDS” to 44-321.
- For the Young (& Young at Heart): Celebrate the arrival of Yabi, the sixth Indian rhino born at the Oklahoma City Zoo. Symbolically adopt Yabi, and receive an adorable rhino plush, adoption certificate, ZOOfriends tote bag and an Indian rhino fact sheet. Ranging from $40 to $100, Animal Adoptions are a great way to support the health, enrichment and the nutritional needs for the Zoo’s animal family. Animal adoptions make great gifts, too! Learn more at zoofriends.org/animal-adoptions.
- For the Person Who Has Everything! Located in the Zoo’s Entry Plaza, a personalized brick paver, will ensure any recipient has a permanent place at the Oklahoma City Zoo. Bricks start at $100 and support the ZOOfund for Kids scholarship program. Learn more at zoofriends.org/brick-pavers. Don’t wait, bricks are limited – only 40 remain!
Gifts and bundles can be made in person at the ZOOfriends membership office located in the Zoo’s Entry Plaza, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily or online at zoofriends.org/give.
The Oklahoma Zoological Society is a 501(c)(3) is a not-for-profit organization. All contributions to OZS are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Step up your gift-giving game with wild ideas from the OKC Zoo! The Oklahoma City Zoo will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. Regular hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily now through Monday, November 30. Beginning Tuesday, December 1, the Zoo’s winter hours will be Thursdays through Mondays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily with no public access on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Advance tickets are required for all guests and ZOOfriends members and can be purchased at http://www.okczoo.org/tickets. Zoo tickets are limited each day to ensure safe social distancing among guests. Located at the crossroads of I-44 and I-35, the OKC Zoo is a proud member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the American Alliance of Museums, Oklahoma City’s Adventure District and an Adventure Road partner. Regular admission is $12 for adults and $9 for children ages 3-11 and seniors ages 65 and over. Children two and under are admitted free.
Stay up-to-date with the Zoo on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and by visiting Our Stories. Zoo fans can support the OKC Zoo by becoming a member. Memberships can be purchased at ZOOfriends.org or any place admission is sold in the Zoo’s Entry Plaza during regular business hours. To learn more about this event and other happenings, call (405) 424-3344 or visit okczoo.org.