Oklahoma native and Baseball Hall of Famer Johnny Bench will join Grassroots Baseball on Sunday, May 29 for a book signing as part of “Grassroots Baseball Day” with the Oklahoma City Dodgers at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Along with internationally-acclaimed photographer, Jean Fruth, and former Baseball Hall of Fame President, Jeff Idelson, the three will be signing the new book Grassroots Baseball: Route 66, which illustrates the rich baseball history along The Mother Road of America.
Johnny Bench – Baseball Hall of Famer and Binger, Okla. native
Jean Fruth – Grassroots Baseball co-founder and acclaimed baseball photographer
Jeff Idelson – Grassroots Baseball co-founder and former Baseball Hall of Fame president
Sunday, May 29
• 12:45-1:10 p.m. – Media availability with Johnny Bench, Jean Fruth and Jeff Idelson
• 1:15-1:45 p.m. – Book signing on concourse with Johnny, Jean and Jeff
• 1:55 p.m. – Johnny Bench ceremonial first pitch
• 2:15-2:45 p.m. – Book signing resumes on the concourse
• Oklahoma City Dodgers vs. Reno Aces (Arizona Diamondbacks) begins at 2:05 p.m.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
2 S. Mickey Mantle Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73104