Link to story
A new emergency proclamation taking effect Friday includes requirements for high-risk activities that are intended to limit the spread of the coronavirus, but public golf courses are allowed to re-open. They’ve been closed during most of COVID-19 pandemic.
“We have thoroughly disinfected and cleaned our facilities since they were closed in March, particularly golf carts and our more heavily trafficked areas,” said OKC Parks Director Doug Kupper. “We will follow U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to thoroughly clean and disinfect our facilities daily to protect against transmission of the coronavirus.”
Precautions for sanitizing and physical distancing for golfers will be in place. Soap and water or hand sanitizer will be available at restrooms, restaurants and pro shop counters. Other precautions include:
- Tee times will be every 10 minutes. Groups are limited to a maximum of five players, but groups of four or fewer are encouraged.
- Holes on practice putting greens will be at least 15 feet apart.
- Payments for green fees will take place outdoors in front of the pro shop, by credit or debit card only. No cash.
- No more than 9 people, including staff, will be allowed in pro shops or restaurants.
- Plexiglass barriers will be placed at cashier stations.
- In areas where lines may form, there will be markers six feet apart showing people where to stand.
- Golf carts will be disinfected after each use. One rider per cart, unless riders are from the same household.
- Only one group at a time is allowed in any teeing area. Players waiting their turn must stay at least 30 feet from the tee box. Continuous putting is encouraged to prevent standing in groups near the hole.
- Rakes have been removed.
- Water coolers have been removed.
- Restaurants are following all requirements of the City’s emergency proclamation.
- On-course restrooms will be open and have sanitizer. Restrooms in clubhouses will have a restriction on the number of people allowed inside at one time.
For more information on OKC’s public golf courses, visit okcgolf.com.
Visit covid19.okc.gov for the latest local COVID-19 news, guidance and City services updates.