Bright lights, big happenings this November with OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS, Military Appreciation Month, community food drive, education programs and more!
RESERVATIONS NOW OPEN FOR NEW OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS, SAT., NOV. 6 THROUGH SUN., JAN 9
Brighten your holiday nights with OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS, the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden’s new festive light event. Make your reservations now to attend OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS featuring over 50 larger-than-life, wildlife themed light sculptures viewable on a driving tour through the Zoo. Discover the wonder and magic beginning Saturday, November 6, with animated light displays, festive treats, kids’ activities and weekend visits with Santa. In addition to the drive-thru experience, OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS includes an additional walking experience with interactive light exhibits, musical light performances and lots of festive touches as guests discover the Zoo’s entry plaza, Children’s Zoo and DINO SAFARI. Advance online reservations are required for OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS driving tours. No drive-up purchases will be allowed. Tickets are limited to ensure optimal guest experience. Admission for the drive-thru experience is $50/vehicle for ZOOfriends members or $60/vehicle (non-members) this fee includes up to 4 walk-thru admission tickets. Admission for the walk-thru only is $10/guest ages 3 and up for ZOOfriends members or $12/guest ages 3 and up (non-members). OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS is happening Saturday, November 6 and Sunday, November 7 from 6:30 to 11 p.m. each night. Beginning Monday, November 8 and continuing through Sunday, January 9, OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS is open from 5:30 to 11 p.m. nightly including holidays – Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Prepare for this holly, jolly time of year and purchase your tickets for OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS today at okczoo.org/safari-lights.
OKC ZOO IS HIRING FOR FALL/WINTER POSITIONS
The Oklahoma City Zoo is now hiring for fall and winter part-time positions, including tram drivers, cashiers, brand ambassadors and more. Evening hours are available. Starting hourly pay ranges from $10.25 to $10.75. Apply online today at www.okczoo.org/careers.
NOW THROUGH TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30: OKC ZOO SALUTES: MILITARY APPRECIATION MONTH
The Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden is honoring our military men and women during Military Appreciation Month and throughout November all active duty, retired, veteran members of the military, National Guard and Reserves will receive free general Zoo admission, and special discounts while in the park. Military members will also receive 50% off of general Zoo admission for up to four immediate family members on date of visit. Valid military ID is required to receive complimentary general admission. Discounts are available at any Zoo ticket window, reservations are not required. Military members will enjoy the following discounts while visiting the Zoo during November with proof of valid ID:
· 10% off all available Wild Encounter experiences.
· 10% off concessions and merchandise at the Zoo’s Safari Gift Shop.
· $10 off any membership level! Military members must be named on the membership.
For additional information about Military Appreciation Month visit okczoo.org.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1: WINTER HOURS BEGIN FOR OKC ZOO RIDES, ATTRACTIONS
The Oklahoma City Zoo offers year-round fun with its one-of-a-kind rides and attractions. With the seasonal change, the Zoo has implemented revised hours for many of its experiences. Capacity is limited for all rides and attractions to maintain adequate social distancing and tickets can be pre-purchased online at http://www.okczoo.org/tickets or in the park. All rides and attractions are operational weather permitting and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Elephant Express Tram: Take a guided tour of the park! Rides offered daily from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. All day bracelets are $6 per person. Children two and under free.
- Endangered Species Carousel: Carousel rides are available daily from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $3 per person.
- Explorikeet Feedings (Children’s Zoo): These feathered favorites are waiting to meet you! Feeding opportunities are available daily from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $4 per person. Participants age 3+ must wear a mask during this up-close animal encounter for the protection of guests and staff.
- Flamingo Mingle: Flamingo Mingle feedings occur daily, weather-permitting, in the Children’s Zoo habitat from 11-11:30 a.m. daily and 3:30-4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Cost is $7 per person. Children age 2 and under are not permitted. Participants age 3+ must wear a mask during this up-close animal encounter for the protection of guests and staff.
- Giraffe Feeding Platform: Have you “herd” you can feed our giraffes! Weekend (Sat. and Sun.) feeding opportunities from 2 to 3 p.m. Cost is $5 per person. Children age 2 and under are not permitted. Participants age 3+ must wear a mask during this up-close animal encounter for the protection of guests and staff.
- Rhino Feedings: Discover this memorable experience with one of the most magical residents at the Zoo – an Indian rhino! Feeding opportunities available weekends (Fri., Sat. and Sun.) from 11:30 a.m. to noon. at Sanctuary Asia. Cost is $10 per person. Children age 2 and under are not permitted. Participants age 3+ must wear a mask during this up-close animal encounter for the protection of guests and staff. Additional rules are posted at the habitat.
- Sea Lion Presentations: “Sea” what these engaging presentations featuring the Zoo’s California sea lions and harbor seals are all about! Weekend (Fri., Sat. and Sun.) presentations at 1 p.m. at the Zoo’s Sea Lion Presentation Stadium. Cost is $5 per person. Children two and under are free.
- Stingray Bay: Our stingrays will bring a smile to your face as you participate in this up-close encounter. Stingray Bay is open daily from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $4 per person to enter. Stingray feedings are 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., while supplies last, for an additional $3 per person. Participants age 3+ must wear a mask during this up-close animal encounter for the protection of guests and staff.
NOW AVAILABLE: OKLAHOMA ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY’S PREDATOR PASS ANIMAL ADOPTION
To commemorate the opening of the Oklahoma City Zoo’s new Predator Pass, state-of-the-art habitat for the Zoo’s cheetahs and African painted dogs, the Oklahoma Zoological Society (OZS)’s is offering a special Predator Pass Animal Adoption. Animal Adoptions are a great way to help the OKC Zoo and its animal family. Your generous donation helps supply the OKC Zoo with important funding for conservation initiatives and programs. Each Predator Pass Adoption includes an African painted dog and cheetah plush set, a personalized adoption certificate, tote bag, postcard, fact sheet, activity pamphlet and name recognition on the ZOOfriends website for one year. Predator Pass Adoptions are $99 each and available for purchase at www.zoofriends.org/animal-adoption.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5: OKC ZOO HOSTS PARENTS NIGHT OUT PROGRAM
Parents, need a night out? The Oklahoma City Zoo’s education team is ready to give you a break and provide your little ones with an engaging experience during our Parents Night Out program. Program activities include a Zoo-themed lesson, craft activity, pizza dinner, a nighttime tour on grounds and a movie. Program capacity is limited to 15 kids to ensure safe social distancing. Ages: 4-11 years old. Program starts at 6 p.m. with pick up as late as 10 p.m. Prices are $30/child, $25/additional child (members) and $40/child, $35/additional child (nonmembers). Enroll your kiddo(s) today at okczoo.org/overnight-programs.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21: OKC ZOO CO-HOSTS COMMUNITY FOOD DRIVES WITH BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA AND REGIONAL FOOD BANK OF OKLAHOMA
The Oklahoma City Zoo in partnership with Boy Scouts of America and Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma asks you to help end hunger in Oklahoma. Donate a can or box of non-expired/non-perishable food to the OKC Zoo from Saturday, November 6 through Sunday, November 21, and receive free admission to DINO SAFARI, a $6 value. One discount per person per food item donated. General admission to visit the Zoo is still required. The Zoo is proud to co-host these two food drives in support of Boy Scouts of America (Sat., Nov. 6–Sat., Nov. 13) and Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma (Sun., Nov. 14–Sun., Nov. 21). Food donations can be dropped off at the Zoo’s ticket windows.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7: OKC ZOO AND BOB MOORE SUBARU HOST NATIONAL BISON DAY
Join the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden and Bob Moore Subaru for National Bison Day on Sunday, November 7, and celebrate the most majestic animal of the plains, the bison. Presented locally by Bob Moore Subaru, Zoo guests are invited come together to honor the iconic bison, America’s official National Mammal and the significant role it has played in our country’s history including America’s first wildlife conservation success story. Guests will have an opportunity to learn more about the Zoo’s bison, Mary Ann, Yarrow and Verbena, and the collective efforts being taken to preserve this species and their natural habitats. Event activities are planned from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and include an animal enrichment session, Facebook Live chats, kids’ activities with prizes, information stations, photo opportunities hosted by Bob Moore Subaru and more–all free with Zoo admission. November also marks Military Appreciation Month at the Zoo and all active and retired military members will enjoy free general Zoo admission for themselves and 50% off general admission for up to four family members. Learn more at facebook.com/okczoo.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 11: OKC ZOO IS OPEN ON VETERANS DAY, FROM 9 A.M. TO 5 P.M.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19: OKC ZOO FAMILY OVERNIGHT, DINO ADVENTURE
Journey back in time to the age of dinosaurs for an unforgettable night with the Oklahoma City Zoo’s family camp out program, DINO ADVENTURE. Hosted by the Zoo’s education team, this family-friendly program invites participants to experience all things camping in the safe and exciting setting of the Zoo. Campers will pitch their own tent on Zoo grounds, take an evening Zoo hike and snack on s’mores. During this DINO ADVENTURE, participants will also explore DINO SAFARI, featuring life-sized, scientifically accurate animatronic dinosaurs, by flashlight, make their own fossils and meet some of the Zoo’s modern dinosaurs. A dino-mite time you won’t want miss! This program includes a light breakfast and Zoo admission for the next day. Participants must provide their own tent and gear. Program runs from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. and is ideal for ages 4 and older. Children must have an adult enrolled with them. Cost is $35 per person. Program capacity is limited to ensure safe social distancing so register early at okczoo.org/overnight-programs.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 22 THROUGH WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 24: OKC ZOO’S SCHOOL’S OUT DAY CAMPS
The Oklahoma City Zoo’s School’s Out Day Camps offer a unique educational experience for students during school breaks and holidays. These daily themed camps include educational activities, in-park exploration, up-close animal ambassador visits and more. School’s Out Day Camps are available for children ages 4 to 11. The cost is $45 per camper (members) and $50 per camper (nonmembers) per day. Camps run from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with after-care provided from 4:30-5:30 p.m. for $10/day. at the OKC Zoo’s Rosser Conservation Education Center. Campers must bring their lunch and snacks. Space is limited and advance registration is required. To register, visit okczoo.org/schools-out or call (405) 425-0218. November School’s Out Day Camps dates and themes are:
· Monday, November 22: How We Care for Animals – Learn what it takes to be a great animal caretaker.
· Tuesday, November 23: Enrichment – From fish kabobs to sniffing for scents, enrichment is important to the daily care of our amazing animal family.
· Wednesday, November 24: How Animals Help Us! – Searching for land mines and aiding someone with a door? All in a day’s work for some animal partners. Learn about how animals help humans each and every day.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 25: THANKSGIVING DAY, OKC ZOO IS CLOSED FOR THE DAY BUT OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS IS OPEN
Add a little festive cheer to your Thanksgiving Day holiday and experience OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS. The Zoo’s new festive light event will be open on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25, from 5:30 to 11 p.m. Reservations are required and can be made at okczoo.org/safari-lights. The Zoo is closed to guests during the day on November 25.