You “can” help make a difference for Oklahomans and enjoy half off general Zoo admission, too!
- The Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden is partnering with Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma to help end hunger and support local food pantries by encouraging food donations. Guests who donate a can or box of non-expired/non-perishable food to the OKC Zoo now through Sunday, November 20 will receive half off general Zoo admission on date of visit. One discount per person per food item donated.
- Oklahoma City Zoo (2000 Remington Place, Oklahoma City, 73111) / www.okczoo.org
- Donated food items accepted at the Zoo’s ticket windows.
- Now through Sunday, November 20 / 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily with the last entry at 4 p.m.
- OKC Zoo and Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma are coming together to support Oklahomans, hosting a community food drive to help fight hunger across the state. Oklahoma is the fifth hungriest state in the nation. Guests can donate a can or box of non-expired/non-perishable food to the OKC Zoo, and receive half off general Zoo admission on date of visit. One discount per person per food item donated. The Regional Food Bank works with more than 300 community-based partner agencies in 53 counties in Oklahoma to make sure families have the food they need to thrive. These agencies include public-access food pantries, shelters and soup kitchens and direct service agencies. Ideal food items include canned protein items (chicken, tuna, beans and salmon), broth-based canned soups, canned fruit, canned vegetables, nut butters, dry pasta, granola bars and cereal.
Show your CAN-do attitude and visit the OKC Zoo to support this month’s community food drive. The Oklahoma City Zoo is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily with the last entry at 4 p.m. The Zoo will be closed to the public during the daytime on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Tuesdays and Wednesdays between December 6 and February 8, 2023. Purchase advance Zoo admission tickets at okczoo.org/tickets and avoid the entry lines. Located at the crossroads of I-44 and I-35, the OKC Zoo is a proud member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the American Alliance of Museums, Oklahoma City’s Adventure District and an Adventure Road partner. Regular daytime admission is $12 for adults and $9 for children ages 3-11 and seniors ages 65 and over. Children two and under are admitted free.
Stay connected with the Zoo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linktree and TikTok, and by visiting our blog stories. Zoo fans can support the OKC Zoo by becoming a ZOOfriends member. Starting at $45, memberships can be purchased at ZOOfriends.org and provide access to the OKC Zoo for an entire year plus, additional benefits and discounts. To learn more about Zoo happenings, call (405) 424-3344 or visit okczoo.org.