The Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden is preparing for a bright, jolly holiday season with the return of OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS presented by OG&E. With all new larger-than-life light displays, OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS is fast becoming a joyous annual tradition for guests of all ages with both a driving tour and walking experience. The estimated time to complete the OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS driving tour is 20 minutes.
Beginning Saturday, November 11, OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS runs nightly through New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1, 2024 with opportunities to stay toasty warm in cars for a drive-thru tour and then linger a little longer to soak up the beauty of the light displays with a walk-thru experience. OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS begins nightly at 5:30 p.m. and runs through 11 p.m. with the last check-in at 10 p.m. Revelers can make holiday nights extra special by visiting OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. Supporting OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS sponsors include Devon and MidFirst Bank.
After the driving tour, patrons may park and re-enter the Zoo for an additional walking experience. This newly created pathway begins in the entry plaza with a custom musical light show designed by Miranda Family Lights of Edmond, Oklahoma, and winds through the Children’s Zoo and outside of the Jungle Gym Playground. Guests will discover interactive light displays, s’mores stations, picture-perfect photo ops and more as part of the walking experience. Walk-thru admissions do not have access to lanterns along the drive-thru route.
Savor the evening with sweet treats such as flavored popcorn and cookies and tasty beverages available for purchase in the Safari Café and Canopy Restaurant. Then pop in the Zoo’s Safari Gift Shop to check out Oklahoma’s largest selection of plush animals, one-of-a-kind toys and gift ideas.
OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS EVENT ACTIVITIES
Add a little extra spark to your OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS nights with these new and returning special activities:
- Sensory-Friendly OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS Night: The OKC Zoo is hosting a Sensory Night for OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS on Wednesday, November 15, from 6 to 9 p.m. This evening is designed for guests with sensory sensitivities and their families. Guests can expect a smaller crowd, limited flashing lights, quieter music and a designated quiet area inside the Zoo’s Canopy Restaurant.
- OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS Lounge Private Event Space: It’s the season for togetherness, so let the OKC Zoo be the spot for your work, family or group holiday get together by booking the Zoo’s OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS Lounge! This festively themed space located in the Zoo’s Treehouse is ideal for smaller groups with OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS providing the most “lit” setting in OKC! Catering options available. Contact email@example.com to inquire about pricing and availability. For larger party inquiries, visit https://www.okczoo.org/your-events.
Online reservations are required for OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS and can be made at www.okczoo.org/safari-lights. Drive-up purchases will not be accepted. Tickets are limited to ensure optimal guest experience. Admission for the drive-thru experience is $60/vehicle for ZOOfriends or $70/vehicle (nonmembers) and includes up to 4 walk-thru admission tickets. Admission for the walk-thru only is $14/guest for ZOOfriends or $16/guest (nonmembers) ages 3 and older.
OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS FAQ
- What are the dates/times for OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS? Saturday, November 11 through Monday, January 1, 2024, from 5:30 to 11 p.m. nightly with the last check in at 10 p.m.
- How do I get tickets for OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS? Advance tickets are required for all guests including members and can be purchased at www.okczoo.org/safari-lights. Admission for OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS includes access for one car (unlimited number of guests in the car that you can safely accommodate in your vehicle with seatbelts or car seats) plus, up to four wristbands allowing guests age 3+ access for the Zoo’s walk-thru experience. All guests ages two and younger are free for the walk-thru portion. Guests can easily purchase additional walk-thru wristbands at the Zoo’s entry for $14/person for ZOOfriends or $16/person for non-members.
- Are reservations required? Yes, tickets to OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS drive-thru must be purchased in advance. All attendees, including ZOOfriends members, are required to purchase advance tickets. Popular dates will to sell out quickly, so guests are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets early. Guests without access to the internet, can call or visit the Zoo’s Guest Services office during regular business hours, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily for assistance. For guests only wanting to attend the walk-thru experience, advance reservations are strongly encouraged. OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS has a limited capacity and may sell out.
- How many people can I get in with one drive-thru admission? Drive-thru admission – $60/vehicle for ZOOfriends or $70/vehicle (nonmembers) and covers one vehicle. You can bring as many family members or friends as you have room to safely accommodate in your vehicle with seatbelts or car seats. If you’re planning to meet and consolidate cars, please do so before arriving at the Zoo. Included in the drive-thru admission is up to 4 wristbands for the walk-thru experience. Walk- thru experience wristbands will be distributed at the drive-thru check-in location.
- Will we see animals as part of OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS? Most of the Zoo’s animals will be off public view for the night.
- Can I bring my own food and drink? Yes, you may bring your own food and drink to enjoy in your vehicle or on Zoo grounds. Glass containers or alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Select food and beverage items will also be available at Safari Café and the Canopy.
- What if I have photosensitive epilepsy or other photo sensitivities? OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS utilizes strobe lighting and other intense lighting in the entry plaza. It will not be safe for those with photosensitive epilepsy and other conditions with sensitivity to light to experience this area. The Zoo is hosting a sensory-friendly night on Wednesday, November 15, from 6 to 9 p.m. This evening is designed for guests with sensory sensitivities and their families. Guests can expect a smaller crowd, limited flashing lights, quieter music and designated quiet area inside the Zoo’s Canopy Restaurant.
OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS is produced by Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden and Tianyu Culture.
Make OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS a must on your holiday season to do list! OKC ZOO SAFARI LIGHTS will be open every night from November 11 through January 1, including Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve nights. For those interested in discovering the OKC Zoo during daytime hours, the Zoo is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily with the last entry at 4 p.m. The Zoo will be closed to the public during the daytime on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day as well as Tuesdays and Wednesdays between December 5 and February 8, 2024. Purchase advance Zoo admission tickets at okczoo.org/tickets and avoid the entry lines. Located at the crossroads of I-44 and I-35, the OKC Zoo is a proud member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the American Alliance of Museums, Oklahoma City’s Adventure District and an Adventure Road partner. Regular daytime admission is $16 for adults and $13 for children ages 3-11 and seniors ages 65 and over. Children two and under are admitted free.
Stay connected with the Zoo on Facebook, X, Instagram, Threads, Linktree and TikTok, and by visiting our blog stories. Take a wild approach with your gift-giving this holiday season and consider a 12-month, ZOOfriends Membership Passport to the OKC Zoo. Membership Passports provide general admission year-round and exclusive offers while supporting the Zoo’s ongoing animal care and conservation programs. View all Passport options and purchase online at okczoo.org/membership.