Limited number of Oklahoma City Culture Boxes include admission tickets, trinkets, toys and more!
Seven of Oklahoma City’s most popular cultural institutions have come together to create the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday wish list – the Oklahoma City Culture Box. Science Museum Oklahoma, Oklahoma City Museum of Art, Oklahoma History Center, Oklahoma Contemporary, National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum and Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden designed this one-of-a-kind gift recipients won’t forget!
The hand-assembled box includes valuable items from each institution as well as unique souvenirs:
- Science Museum Oklahoma: Two general admission tickets to one of the largest science museums in the nation as well as a periodic chart notebook.
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art: Two general admission tickets and a deck of playing cards featuring the art of Dale Chihuly, whose iconic glass sculptures are just some of the treasures to be seen in the museum’s collection. Admission is free for kids under 18.
- Oklahoma History Center: Two general admission tickets to the museum dedicated to the State of Oklahoma plus, two detailed playing card decks, featuring influential women and scenes from Oklahoma’s history.
- Oklahoma Contemporary: Admission at Oklahoma City’s newest attraction is free – you’re always invited to discover contemporary art from around the world in one of the most stunning buildings in the state. Included here is their exclusive canvas tote bag, designed and printed by local artists who dipped prairie grass in India ink.
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum: Enjoy two general admission tickets to discover art in the museum’s permanent collection and many traveling exhibitions and a campfire coffee mug.
- Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum: Two tickets to the Museum which this year is commemorating the 25th anniversary of the national tragedy, as well as a 25th Anniversary challenge coin that reminds us to Look Back and Think Forward.
- Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden: Two general admission tickets to explore the Zoo and discover more than 1,200 animals from around the world. Also includes an original Mold-A-Matic retro souvenir and an OKC Zoo Key which can be used to unlock 20 recorded messages throughout the Zoo.
Each OKC Culture Box is priced at $50 and include contents that have a retail value of more than $200. Boxes are limited with each of the seven institutions selling just 35 boxes. Boxes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. All proceeds for the sale of OKC Culture Boxes will remain at the institution that sold them.
“We’re thrilled to create such an original and meaningful gift this year,” said Linda Maisch, Science Museum Oklahoma’s vice president of organizational development and community outreach, and the originator of The OKC Culture Box. “Not only does it deliver the City’s amazing cultural experiences, it helps support the participating institutions.”
The OKC City Culture Box is on sale now at all participating cultural institutions.