Travelers flying out of Will Rogers World Airport are reminded to arrive at the airport terminal two hours early year-round and should expect delays from 4 - 7 a.m., which is when most people fly out of Oklahoma City.
Approximately 2,300 travelers fly out between 4 - 7 a.m. each day – 767 people per hour during the morning rush.
“As the City’s population has grown, so has air travel,” Public Information Officer for WRWA Stacey Hamm said. “Arriving at the terminal two hours before you board your flight will give you time to find parking, make your way to the ticket counter and get through security. Too many people are underestimating lines and are cutting it too close.”
Travelers can help ease the stress of flying with planning. Here are a few tips:
- Travelers should always arrive at the terminal at least two hours before their flight boards.
- Check-in early for flights. Most airlines close the check-in process 30-45 minutes before a scheduled departure (confirm with your airline).
- Be prepared for the security checkpoint. Travelers should ensure their carry-on does not contain prohibited items.
- Firearms are not permitted in carry-ons or in the terminal building. A firearm may be checked if it is unloaded, in a locked case and declared to the airline.
- Liquids, gels, and aerosols should fit in a one-quart bag and be under 3.4 ounces.
- To review what items can go in your carry-on, visit tsa.gov/travel.
For those picking up travelers, there is no parking or waiting at the terminal curbside on the upper and lower levels. Only active loading is allowed. Visitors waiting for arriving passengers may use the cell phone lot or hourly parking. The cell phone lot is free, and hourly parking is $2 per hour.