The Tower Theatre opened in 1937 and is one of Oklahoma City's last original movie houses with an intact auditorium and neon marquee. After many years of movie premieres and historic runs of classic films, the Tower Theatre closed in 1989. The building was purchased in 2005 by Marty and Mike Dillon, who began renovations. In 2014, Oklahoma City development group Pivot Project stepped in to complete the project. In 2017, Tower Theatre returned as a live music and event venue.