The Most Wonderful Time of the Year has arrived in OKC and there's no shortage of activities to keep you in holly jolly spirits. Downtown in December, a one-of-a-kind winter experience in the heart of Oklahoma City, is back once again starting this November. Visitors can enjoy outdoor ice skating, holiday light displays, events with Santa and so much more.
Here's your guide to all the holiday fun you can enjoy in November.
- Back for its 8th season, the Devon Ice Rink at the Myriad Botanical Gardens is Downtown in December's premier attraction. Starting November 9, the rink will be open to the pulic 7 days a week for outdoor ice skating
- Enjoy dazzling light displays in Automobile Alley during their annual Lights on Broadway festivities! Retail shops and restaurants will feature holiday window displays, children's activities, special promotions and more. There will be plenty of holiday excitement, so make plans to cruise the Alley November 17
- Who knew Santa could be so rugged? Head to Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shop for crafts, activities and a free photo with Santa! Starting November 11, spend your afternoon with Santa and grab a few goodies while you're there
- Who doesn't love holiday music? The Oklahoma City Philharmonic's The Christmas Show kicks off November 29 at the Civic Center Music Hall. The whole family will love this festive musical experience!
- Get a glimpse of Oklahoma's Native culture and make plans to visit Red Earth Art Center for their 4th annual Red Earth Treefest starting November 19. Free and open to the public, Treefest highlights the diverse Native cultures that make Oklahoma unique
- After you enjoy your Thanksgiving leftovers, head to Bricktown November 23 for the Bricktown Tree Lighting Festival. Join Mayor David Holt as he lights the Bricktown Christmas Tree with Santa Claus followed by live music, face painting and more!
- Myriad Gardens, in partnership with OG&E, is offering free admission to the Crystal Bridge Sunday through the holiday season for their Merry and Bright Free Admission Sundays. Starting November 25, enjoy the holiday light displays and plant exhibits design for the holiday season
- Take a holiday cruise down the Bricktown Canal all holiday season long. Starting November 23, everyone is invited to enjoy a ride down the beautifully decorated Bricktown canal for Free Holiday Water Taxi Rides through December 30
- Time to start your holiday shopping? Check out the Deluxe Winter Market November 24! This free annual event is free and open to the public and is the perfect place to find unique gifts for everyone on your "nice" list
- Starting November 23, enjoy the lights display down the historic Film Row. Bundle up and experience the stunning lights with friends and family through January 1
- Get ready to shop til you drop! The Holiday Pop-Up Shops are returning to Midtown November 23. Housed in geodesic domes, shops rotate weekly and feature a number of local and small businesses so there's a new selection of goodies every time you visit!
- The Bricktown Canal will come alive with Holiday cheer once the The Bricktown Canal Lights go on display November 23. Stroll the canal, take in the lights and, if you have time, don't forget to catch a Free Water Taxi ride!
- Don't be a Scrooge; head to the Lyric Theatre in the Plaza District for their annual production of Lyric's A Christmas Carol! Catch a showing starting November 23
There's plenty of ways to get in the holiday spirit this November! You can take a look at the entire lineup of Downtown in December festivities here