Spring Break Planning Guide
Whether you’re a family looking to keep your kids entertained for a week or just in need of a relaxing getaway, Oklahoma City has everything you need for the ultimate Spring Break vacation! With so much to see, do and taste, you won’t be disappointed with all OKC has to offer.
Like its name suggests, endless adventure awaits in OKC’s Adventure District. From cowboy culture and wild encounters to mad scientists and horse racing, who knew you could fit so much fun within just one mile of another?
- Give your Instagram feed a pop of color with Zoo Blooms! The zoo will be in full bloom with more than 100,000 tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, irises and more strategically planted in specific color combinations and patterns for an amazing visual experience
- Get up close and personal with some of OKC’s wildest residents with the Zoo’s “Wild Encounters” experience, attractions and rides.
- Who knew fungi could be so fascinating? Science Museum Oklahoma’s newest exhibit “Decomposition: Discovering the Beauty and Magnificence of Fungi” explores the unique side to fungi
- Spring Break at the Cowboy Museum if full of family friendly activities inspired by the museum’s current exhibits. March 19 – 23, make and take Drop-in Activities for the kids are available with regular museum admission.
Spend a day on the Oklahoma River at our world-class urban white water rafting facility, RIVERSPORT Rapids! Starting in March, the entire family can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, adventure courses and so much more!
Oklahoma City’s hotspot for entertainment is a favorite for both locals and visitors alike. From cruising down the canal on a Bricktown Water Taxi ride to a game-filled afternoon at Brickopolis, there is no shortage of activities for a day out in Bricktown.
- Get ready to Thunder Up! Head to the Chesapeake Energy Arena and catch the Oklahoma City Thunder in one of their five home games this Spring Break.
- This Spring Break, Winter Jam and WWE Live will also be at the Chesapeake!
Oklahoma City’s downtown is full of arts, culture and family fun. Catch a show at the Civic Center, channel your inner artist at the Museum of Art or take a stroll in the Myriad Botanical Gardens. Whatever you’re in the mood for, you’re sure to find it downtown!
Myriad Botanical Gardens
- Waking up at 6 a.m. for yoga class? No thanks! Head to the Myriad Gardens at 5:45 p.m. for Yoga in the Gardens instead! This all-levels class is the perfect way to unwind after a full day of experiencing Oklahoma City
- Bust out your best green attire and head to Myriad Gardens for St. Patrick’s Day March 17! Kids will enjoy the Gardens’ full day of activities and workshops
Oklahoma City Museum of Art
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art’s exhibit, “The New Art: A Milestone Collection Fifty Years Later” will be on display all Spring Break long
- Looking to enjoy the museum away from the kids? Enjoy a late night gallery experience at OKCMOA every Thursday for only $5 after 5 p.m.
Civic Center Music Hall
- Learn the story behind one of the world’s most beloved characters: Peter Pan! Finding Neverland will be at the Civic Center Music Hall March 13 – 18
- Get ready for a night of laughter during CityRep’s smash hit Greater Tuna
With the perfect mix of retail, restaurants and recreation,
- When the weather is nice, round up the family and hang out at Bleu Garten, Oklahoma City’s open-air food truck park. With lawn games, several large TV’s and a rotating lineup of food trucks, Bleu Garten is the perfect place to soak up some sun and grab some delicious food truck fare. Plus, adults can enjoy their full-service bar
- Ready for a blast from the past? Reserve a lane at the Dust Bowl, Midtown’s 12-lane bowling alley with retro décor