With Travel + Leisure naming Oklahoma City one of the top most-affordable destinations for fall travel, there's never been a better time to discover the Modern Frontier. Whether you're in town for an OU or OSU football game or taking advantage of a cool weather weekend in the city, here's your guide to all things autumn in OKC.
Fall means football in Oklahoma, but the action and adrenaline of college sports aren't limited to Stillwater or Norman. Catch the big games at one of OKC's sports bars like Chalk or Bricktown Brewery, or get in the spirit at a craft brewery taproom. Celebrate wins afterward with a boozy milkshake at S&B Burger Joint in Automobile Alley (which will help if the day ends in a loss, too).
Fall into Fun
With the return of many beloved annual events this fall, it's the perfect time to experience the vibrancy of OKC. Whether you're running in the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon or immersing yourself in Oklahoma City's exceptional art scene, you'll find something for everyone to enjoy.
- Oklahoma Contemporary Guided Gallery Tours - Oct. 23, 2021 - Feb. 19, 2022
- Devon Ice Rink - Nov. 5, 2021 - Jan. 30, 2022
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art's For America Exhibition - Nov. 6, 2021 - Jan. 30, 2022
- NCWHM Santa Fe Trail - Nov 11, 2021 - May 8, 2022
- Frontier City's Holiday in the Park - Nov. 20, 2021 - Jan. 3, 2022
- Civic Center Music Hall's The Hip Hop Nutcracker - Nov. 24, 2021
- The Holiday Pop-up Shops - Nov. 26 - Dec. 19, 2021
- Scissortail Park's 'Tis the Season Holiday Concert - Nov. 27, 2021
Fall is the perfect time to indulge in a caffeinated creation from one of Oklahoma City's coffeehouses. Find yourself in a cozy coffee shop and sip on a locally brewed cup of joe coupled with the fall flavors of salted caramel, cinnamon, maple and, of course, pumpkin spice.
Fall Events in OKC
The holiday season is just around the corner, but there's still plenty of fall fun to be had. Fill your autumn calendar with district happenings, family festivities and outdoor events that pair perfectly with the season's crisp weather.