Whether you’re in town for a visit or a long-time local, there are plenty of new & beautiful places to capture the moment, iPhone in hand! Check out our top 10 most “Instagram-able Spots in OKC.”
1. The Myriad Gardens – What could be more picturesque than 15 acres of floral abundance? Pair that with the gorgeous Crystal Bridge, covered by over 3,000 glass panels, and you’re transported to Tropical Wet/Dry zones to experience more exotic foliage. Seasonal activities abound so, no matter what time of year you visit, there’s always something to ‘gram year-round!
2. The Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum – One of the most beautiful places in OKC, the Oklahoma National Memorial & Museum inspires awe and reverence from every angle. Try showing up at sunrise or sunset for incredible natural light and serene views.
3. OKC Murals – Public art has been popping up all over town & our insta-feeds are loving it! Check out a few of our favorites: Steven Adams’ Portrait (Film Row), Keep Oklahoma Friendly (Bleu Garten), Plaza Walls (Plaza District), The Okctopus (Bricktown) & Oklahoma Aiukli (Western Avenue).
4. Skydance Bridge – Designed by Hans Butzer, the architect who created the OKC Memorial & Museum, the Skydance Bridge pays homage to the Oklahoma state bird, the Scissortail Flycatcher. Its unique & modern design pairs well with the ever-growing city skyline in the background. Pro tip: Skydance Bridge lights up at night for evening photo ops!
5. The Jones Assembly – OKC’s newest entertainment destination is the perfect place to snap a selfie that will be nothing short of profile worthy. Whether you’re clinking glasses on the outdoor patio trimmed with macramé & succulents, lounging on moody velvet in the upstairs lounge or dining on dishes bathed in natural light– trust us when we say you need this in your feed.
6. Wheeler District – Nothing says “Instagram” quite light a giant Ferris wheel, and the Wheeler District does not disappoint. Take a selfie while relaxing in one of the many hammocks, play corn hole with your friends or get perfect downtown views from atop the Wheeler Ferris Wheel! Don’t forget to snap a few pics in front of the giant OKC sculpture to complete the collage!
7. Boathouse District – If you’re in OKC, the Boathouse District needs to be on your list. The modern architecture that makes up the separate boathouses provide a perfect backdrop or catch the action & energy of Riversport Adventures. Perhaps the sun reflecting off the water as you canoe your way down the Oklahoma River is more your style. No matter where you pose, there are plenty of outdoor activity to keep you camera roll full.
8. Art Museum Rooftop – There are only a few places that give you an uninterrupted view of OKC’s skyline and OKC’s Museum of Art is one of them! Art after 5 takes place every Thursday, April – October & for $5 you can find food, drinks, live music & an epic eye-full of OKC. The sunsets reflected off the glass panel high rises are not to be missed.
9. OKC Thunder Game – Every day we’re Russellin’ in OKC, but never so much as on Thunder game days at the Chesapeake Energy Arena. The sea of blue & orange is truly a sight to behold & if you’re lucky, you can probably snag a selfie with Rumble the mascot!
10. Oklahoma History Center – Wander the hallways of the Oklahoma History Center & you’ll find Insta-worthy shots around every corner. Filled with Oklahoma heritage, you’ll discover over 2,000 artifacts reflecting Oklahoma’s inspiring & adventurous past as well as its rich & diverse history. We also recommend taking a photo with the Winnie May, flown by Wiley Post. It completed two around-the-world record flights & is now suspended from the ceiling of the OHS.